Seeking advice on first grow box plans

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by its419ugottamin, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Hey guys looking forward to my first build and grow with anticipation. Let me say thanks in advance for any advice given.

My fiance and i have decided to grow our smoke ourselves. Even our dealer said they would buy from us when we get it going. Here`s what i am hoping to yield and grow space..

The cab will be living in a spare closet that is 22" deep, 65" wide and 60" tall. The doors open to expose all but 18" on the right side.

Also will need to be somewhat stealthed as a kid or fam comes over every now and then.

What kind of yield would i be looking at to have the plants rotating harvest? Looking for at least 4oz for personal use per month and if possible to supply our dealer at least a pound per month.

Thanks again

2. everyone wants to know their yeild, lol, that sounds ambitious to me. In perfect conditions I have hear 1g per watt is possible, you can expect maybe 1/3g per watt.

I dont see how you're going to be able to vent that closet, do you own the place? You might need to duct through the cieling.

3. What i plan to do is run exhaust out the roof in back right corner. On opposite side of the right wall is the breaker box so power is np

4. Hey guys i have decided to change my approach on my first grow box. Instead of trying to grow for myself and try to supply dealer right now just gonna supply myself for now then after a few grows fig i could add-on or just build a new one.

Using same space posted and looking for about a 4-5 oz/mo trouble i and running into is utilizing space for as much planting as possible such as spacing between plants, lighting to use at each stage, ventilation like i said will be exhausted out the roof and the breaker box is on the side wall as well so having it on its own breaker is np.

5. I would use a single HID or T5s and vent the room through the hood 24/7 if using HID, and setup a clone / veg chamber. under a sink cabinet or above closet. 60" isn't short you could do a PC box cloner PC Box Veg and then Flower in Closet under a 400W or 600W HPS. Or do a single T5 8 Bulb 4ft" or 2 x 2ft etc. T5 would cover space better since you could do 2 - 4 bulbs deep and run them long and do 4-8 plants. Either 1 or 2 Deep 1 per ft. They would get almost a sqft / plant.

And don't think per month in a perpetual grow think per 2-2.5 months or once per quarter...

6. Wow, your situation is so close to my cousin's. No chance you're actually from alabama and have a pregnant girlfriend huh?

7. Haha sorry "cuz" from SC here.

i been researching for awhile and what confusing me most is plant spacing. Found that recommended space between plants is 18"-24" but is this in general or is there a better formula so to speak for the veg and flower chambers. When i make plans for these chambers are they both similar in size or is flowering require more space. So upon researching and reading forums can say that at first plans with a large yield it seems it was unrealistic in that space. What ratios do i need to keep in mind when drawing up plans.
    One last thing, i read recently about "sea of green" where you plant more but decrease veg/flower times and with plants cycling thru you can expect harvest every 60 days or so how effective is that

8. Does this mean 18" between pots (pot edge to pot edge) or 18" between the plants (plant stem to plant stem)?

9. It didnt say so not sure if it is stem to stem, pot to pot, or from leaf to leaf even it wasn't specific

10. 18" between stems is fine. Each plant should have at least 1 sq ft of space to itself.

11. Alright guys i think im rdy to start gathering materials and would like input.
    cabinet max dimensions to fit inside closet is 20" deep, 60" high, and 65" wide with each chamber 30" wide to compesate ventiilation.
    each chamber will house 3 plants in 3 gallon buckets (one plant per bucket of course). One chamber will be veg chamber with 250w MH and other for flowering with 250w HPS. I will be installing wiring for lights and fans myself. Breaker size hasnt been determined yet as I havent bought fixtures or fans yet.
    Cycle will begin inside a jiffy-7 peat pellet under 2' T-5 light on 24 hours for first 2-4 weeks and then moved into the 3 gal bucket containing 4 parts top soil, 1 part peat moss, 1 part vermiculite, 1 part perlite along with miracle grow growth plant food for the high nitrogen as well as the lesser minerals needed. Lighting with be under 250w MH for 14 on 10 off. When plants get about 4' start decreasing daylight time change over to next chamber...

12. In the last chamber with miracle grow blooming plant food under 250w HPS daylight decreasing to 10 on 14 off until rdy to harvest for curing.
    Each chamber will be painted flat white sealed tight for light proofing.
    Best way i can describe exhaust is both chambers have inch and half pipe coming into a y-connector with a baffle to keep air flowing in one dir. After the y where the 2 come together upsize pipe to 2" thru the roof. Three to four pc fans to similate a breeze inside.
    Lights will be on timer. Work is looking for a dayton blower for me for exhaust if no luck i should run across one in this town.
    what you guys think. I'm as excited as a kid on christmas eve