seeing a therapist tomorrow...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by lazyy, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Watch out everyone, .gif police up in this thread.

[​IMG]

Update, OP? How'd it go man? Did you like your therapist? How'd you connect etc

2. Personally, as someone diagnosed with Social Anxiety... in my experience, girlfriend + Social Anxiety don't usually go together. Good luck though. :smoke:

3. thanks for all the helpful advice everyone.

but i ended up not going. chickened out last minute. i'm so fucking disappointed in myself.

4. #24 PassTheGrass, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
    My therapist blazes, its pretty tight. Nice being able to talk to her about anything and everything.

But OP, you gotta go man, it just helps with everything. Like it stabilizes you out so well, but you gotta be open to it, and open your mind to it. It's really nice to get someone elses perspective of shit that bothers you or some shit you wanna talk about, but will never be talked about with anyone you don't want to know. And you'll find that while talking,.even some of your concerns you have seem rediculous once you verbalize them. And then you can move on. :)

and good luck op. I'm always fricken euphoric after my sessions. Good vibes i send your way!

5. [quote name='"lazyy"']thanks for all the helpful advice everyone.

but i ended up not going. chickened out last minute. i'm so fucking disappointed in myself.[/quote]

It really really can help man, and it's not bad at all. It's definitely worth a shot, it's not like they're giving you meds or something.

6. Never been to one, but i think it would be like talking to a complete stranger that gets payed to listen to you and help you work shit out and un-tangle that brain of yours. So I'd say treat him like a stranger and tell him whatever you want cause that bastards gunna listen.

7. alright so i got another appointment for thursday. positive thoughts this time.

8. Exactly, I would recommend you reschedule man. Therapy really can help if you indeed have these mental problems... Think of it this way. What harm can it do. Worst thing that can happen is you don't like it and never go again.

9. You got this man. It's a bit nerve racking at first but once you meet your therapist and start talking to them it gets so much easier. I went through some of the same stuff before I started talking to someone. You just gotta make yourself go through that first meeting and after that I think you will find that you may even look forward to them a little each week. Good luck lazyy :hello::smoke:

10. What now bitch?

[​IMG]