Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Seeing a doc in a non-MMJ state

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by RiversidE, Sep 16, 2009.

1. I've got a doc appointment today, and neither of the states I live in are MMJ, but I was under the impression that I can still obtain a note from a doctor stating that I need MMJ for anxiety, since MJ is truly the only thing that really helps it. So can this doc note just be used in court to show that I need it, or are there other things I can do with this?

2. I have never heard of this at all, and I seriously doubt it would work in a court of law.

3. Yea, I thought about it on the way to the docs; probably not. I did tell her though; she gave me the old "full of carcinogens" nonsense, then I explained vaporization, and then she just said, "well be careful ;)". So yea; looks like I just need to move to CO or CA :(

4. Why would you put a ":("? Colo and Cali are fuckin awesome :D

5. In some non MMJ states If you're seriously ill and are caught with pot you can plead medical necessity in court. One of my cousins (who had a more advanced case of the same disease I do) did this and got probation instead of five years. He died during probation so did not have to finish that. But, at least here, you have to be pretty pathetic looking to pull this off (as per his lawyer, your mileage may vary-my cousin was an 85 lb guy in a wheelchair), its not for people with mild or invisable diseases. And you have to get the right judge. Its not a free pass, nor can it be depended on. More of a last ditch appeal.
    I do not know how this works from state to state, either.:confused:

6. im movin to cali jus for the medical weed.

7. I know, but I'm stuck in Indiana for 2 more years. Although, maybe if I can get an internship out there this summer, that'd be awesome :D Anyone need EEs haha?

8. I'm moving to Oregon for the same reason. At least I can support the economy of a state where I approve of their laws.

9. cali is where its at! i love it here and havin my mmj card makes it that much better...if anything move to cali theres over 400+ collectives all over la, oc, riverside, the list goes on haha..

why do you have to wait 2 years?

10. I'm in my Junior year of college, so I've got the rest of this year, and I graduate in 2011.