Seedsman Critical Mass CBD Fem

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Weedweasle, Dec 17, 2021.

1. @old shol4evr, We are talking about the protective outside layer "husk" that protects the shell. It's the high concentrations of juglone in the husks, rotting roots and leaves of the Black Walnut tree that are toxic to many different plants. Tomatoes are said to be sensitive to Juglone. So, if his compost has higher concentrations of it, it would be apparent in his tomato seedling. Having grown Blue Dream near Black Walnut trees with zero negative effects and with growing several seedlings in direct contact with the walnut husks. I still believe that Juglone has little to no negative effect in the growth of cannabis. But, again, I believe further testing needs to be done to assure that statement.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. #122 old shol4evr, May 6, 2022
    Last edited: May 6, 2022
    edit

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. #123 old shol4evr, May 6, 2022
    Last edited: May 6, 2022
    edit

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Exactaly: User should determine suitability and assume all liability for the use of information herein.
    :thankyou::metal:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. old shol4evr, right, not all plants are susceptible, it had to be the ones that are good....like tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, azaleas ect. Tomatoes are highly sensitive.
    What plants are sensitive to the juglone produced by black walnuts? | Horticulture and Home Pest News (iastate.edu)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. i just figure water retention , peanut and rice hulls are great additions,if i wasnt so lazy i would put them on the driveway ,but i am really lazy.
    i may have just killed all my plants in the veggie garden and if i did there aint no replanting,that how lazy i am hahahah. sum bitching aphids on my apple trees ha baussters

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. so i figured i would post this here to show folks first hand the importance of planting in your final pots and size you need.
    i grew this garlic in these 1 gal pots temporary ,in wait to fill in spots in my onion bed,well i didint have any ,so i transplanted them into this barrel bed i got ,
    thing is look at the root ball ,it never reached out past the original pot size even though it had plenty of room,
    reason i posted here is there are lots of folks growing auto's and the first thing you always here is run them in final pot from day 1,here is why

Attached Files:

• 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      2.8 MB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      2.8 MB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      2.7 MB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      2.6 MB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Today; 121 days from dropping seed.
    17 weeks
    Last plant of the run, Cali Orange, has colas that keep on giving.
    Visual with a 30x shows plenty of amber on the sugar leaves, but deep in, the buds still show clear to partly cloudy, no amber. Almost all the fan leaves have fallen off.

Wondering if my observation method is correct.
    Also wondering when to chop? It just keeps on adding fresh green bud to most colas.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. How many weeks of 12/12? Is she still drinking the same amount? Have the majority of your pistils receded into your calyxes? Trichomes are only part of the equation when judging if your plant is ready for harvest. Take a sample bud,quick dry and try it. That will tell you a lot all on it's own. Don't worry about taste, it will taste crappy with a fast dry. Just judge the high.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Looks good but for ABSOLUTE info use either 40-60 loupe.all depends on ya strain really since ALL r very diff. Anyway looks like time, if not vrrrr soon to rip em.( but obvi go bye milly milk n the funky bunch.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  11. Thanks TImJ.
    No, the majority of pistils have not receded into the calyxes. Colas looks like a Bob Ross Chia.

• Like Like x 2
  12. My plants slow way down in the water they consume when they're getting close. My average from seed to harvest is between 130-150 days. With a 8-9 week veg. Some strains take much longer. I rarely have anything finish sooner with the exception of maybe Northern lights. If your stigmas have not receded you still have a ways to go. 20% of your yield will come in the last 2 weeks of flower.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Its been 12/12 for 8 weeks and 2 days.

Still using water. Sugar leaves are turning very dark purple, almost black. Very hard to wait with all those sugar leaves presenting amber trics.... The plant is still throwing pistils though. As TOm Petty says, waiting is the hardest part.....

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Leaves are mostly gone, all have changed to fall colors, main stems are sagging from the weight. Still lots of clear, but buds starting to amber as well, so I’m chopping today.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I agree with Tim those look like superb herbs! :love-mj2:

• Like Like x 3
  16. I just flipped the flower room last night with some clones I had in veg for a long time. Thc bomb 8 ball kush pineapple chunk and a critical mass cbd. Clearing out the veg room and starting with some new genetics. Might keep the pheno of this cbd tho.

• Like Like x 2
  17. The stalks of this Cali Orange are much heavier (bud weight) than the Critical M CBD. Not sure what went wrong with my CBD plants as one bolted ~14" in 7 days during18/6 veg so I flipped to flower. It grew another ~18" in the flowering stretch. Thats almost 3 feet in 3 weeks. I still have five seeds so I plan on doing it again this fall in bigger pots.

Side Note: So after I chopped this C. Orange, I was moving my new Grape Ape seedlings to the tent, to set them on a milk crate under the light, and knocked one of them off. It fell hard, upside down, and all the soil spilled out of the little square nursey starter pot. FUk me I panicked seeing one of four spilled onto the ground so I scooped it up and plopped it into the shallow cavity left from the main stalk I Hari-Hari'ed out after chop, and mounded the remaining potting mix on top of the roots which were splayed out rather horizontally. It was my intent to move the soil balls from the 5 gallon pots to new 7 gallon pots. Now I have a plant in one of them (5 gallon). I suppose I will just lower this soil mass, plant and all, into the 7 gallon pot, once the seedling recovers, and back fill with new soil. Never a dull moment in the garden......

• Like Like x 2
  18. I found that each of my grows improved from the last. I'm sure yours well too. Slips and drops of seedlings is my specialty. I've kill my share dropping them and knocking them off shelves. Did you harvest that Cali Orange yet?

• Like Like x 2
  19. Chopped it this afternoon.
    That dropped,plant is sitting where Cali was was chopped out.
    Eager to see the yield.

• Like Like x 3