Seedsman Critical Mass CBD Fem

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Weedweasle, Dec 17, 2021.

1. #1 Weedweasle, Dec 17, 2021
    Last edited: May 25, 2022
    Welcome to my first Grow Journal, and the first living 100% organic grow in my garden.

EDIT: Total CBD 3 PLANT YIELD: 212gm. 7.48oz. 05 May 2022 I expected twice this FWIW.
    EDIT: CALI Orange 1 plant Yield: 107gmn 3.56 oz 25 May 2022
    TOTAL 4 PLANT RUN: 319gm; 11.04oz
    CMCBD AVG: 2.9 oz/ plant
    Cali Orange : 3.56/ 1 plant. 43% better than the CMCBD
    EOE
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I spend the better part of this day ordering seeds.

The seeds I settled on, because they were in stock, were from SEEDSMAN. The site could not complete my order- over, and over and over.

I eventually changed cards to a VISA debit card. I got a Fraud Alert via text, replied "YES" it's legit, and the order finally completed. TOday, Friday 17 December, was also my first seed purchase on the internet. I know its a GROW JOURNAL, but I cant grow SHIT without seeds (except for all my other shit growing from seeds like tomatoes, peppers, cilantro, basil, lavendar and the cuttings.....I digress.

Notes:
    1. The Critical Mass CBD I have been trying to buy is from Dinafem: Critical Mass X pure CBD clone by CBD Crew.
    2. Dinafem still has a notice on thier site (has been the case for almost 3 months) that they are not currently filling orders:
      Dear customers,
      We are very sorry to inform you that, against our will, we are now unable to engage in any commercial activity. We are working round the clock to resume normal activity as soon as possible, but we still don't know when we'll be able to operate normally.
      We'll keep you informed of any developments.
      Thank you very much for your trust.

3. None of the seed banks I've found has the Dinafem Critical Mass CBD seeds in stock.

4. THe Critical Mass CBD seeds I ordered from SEEDSMAN are Critical Mass x High CBD Strain by Phoenix.
    5. My $97 order was for 10 seeds, included delivery insurance, and my choice of some free seeds; I chose:
      • 3 seeds; Seedsman Jack Herer Fem
      • 3 seeds; Seedsman White Widow Photo Reg
      • Now I know why growers grow multiple strains at the same time...cool
    6. The process has been a lot of monkey business and a huge time soak, but I did bake some canna brownies so it was not a complete waste.
    :weed:

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. I learned this today actually, however idk where Dinafem is located but..
    Unfortunately due to new EU border laws, it has become really hard for EU seed companies to ship out seeds anywhere outside of Europe. Lot of seedbanks will not be able to restock EU based seeds for the time being.
    I am sure companies will find turnarounds to ship them still but no one knows how long that might be.

in conclusion, no more EU seeds for us NA people at least for the time being.
    Get your seeds while in stock because there is a really slim chance that you will get your hands on them again for a long while

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. It seems you and I have some of the same taste in strains. I have breed feminized seeds from my CBD critical mass. I can't remember whether it was Seedsman seeds or Dinafem though. Very nice medicating smoke. I always have a supply jarred. I like anything with Critical mass in it. My last seed run was Critical Kush. I also bred feminized seed from my Nirvana White Widow. That is a very nice strain as well. I've also cross bred using that White Widow. I have not made feminized seed the Jack Herer I ran. It was good weed, just never made seed from it. You may want to try Home » North Atlantic Seed Company as an alternative seed source until things return to normal overseas. I've used them several times without a hitch. I've only paid the $4.50 shipping and skipped the $8.50 insurance and have always received my order. Their billing process is a little corny but it works. Good luck with your seeds and grow buddy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. Dammit, I love me some good Euro seeds! :thumbsdown:

• Like Like x 1
  5. I stumbled on your post while looking for some CM tips, (just popped 6 regular CM seeds from Mr Nice), and read about your adventures with seed ordering. If you really want some CBD gear here's a great spot to cut out the middleman and get seeds as about as fresh as possible, especially CDB Crew gear. Never had any issues ordering from them.......

Mr. Nice seedbank and research - Home
    CBD Critical Mass - Mr. Nice Auctions
    https://mrnice.nl/auctions/?v=796834e7a283

......and with their distribution network and technniques I don't think the Belarus issue that's causing all this border bullshit is gonna be much of a hassle for these slingers of "Euro seeds". :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Tracking shows my seed left San Francisco Ca International Distribution Center yesterday!
    Tracking link yielded nothing on Seedsman.com, however, there's a "hack":
    If you have a tracking number, from any shipper, search the web for that tracking number and you will find your shipment, if the number is live. Since seedsman.com did provide a tracking number, I found it using the hack.
    I estimate I'll have them by next Wednesday.
    :weed:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Critical Mass CBD by Phoenix Seeds arrived this weekend from Seedsman by mail.
    One packet 3 free seeds, regular White Widow was included.
    One packet 3 Jack Herer were on the invoice but not included in the package.

Monday January 10:
    Dropped 5 CM seeds in tap water pH 9.3, coffee cup method.
    Will use FF Lite Warrior for seedlings, in 3” pots. 652F33B4-E269-4488-855C-46BD71A7BC1F.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 Weedweasle, Jan 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    Monday Jan 17, 2022
    4 of 5 paper-towel-sprouted: One still unsprouted in paper towel.
    One White Widow: Still unsprouted in paper towel.

FF Light Warrior; lightly dusted hole w/ Cultured BioLogix EZ Tea; Veg: Four of 4 seeds broke the surface, full helmet, fuk.

While waiting on cotyledons to appear, here is the soil and the grow plan. After testing on tomato seeds, this soil was hot AF, so added 20 gals used soil to the finished soil. Final soil was 6.3pH.

Gallons---> 45 (+ 20 gal used soil)
    FinsihedCuF 6.0165 (+ 2.7CuF used soil)
    Water with Gals 4.5 (10% of total gallons of soil)

Cups/Cuf Cups Total*
    Neem 0.50 / 3.01
    Kelp 0.5 / 3.01
    MBP 1.00 / 0 did not have
    Crab Meal 0.50 / 3.01
    Gypsum 1.00 / 6.02 maybe 1/2 cup
    Rock/ Basult 0.25 /1.50 Mixed Green Sand; AZOLITE etc
    SRP 0.13 / 0.75 Soft Rock Phosphate (less if powder more if pellet)
    Dolomite 0.50 / 3.01
    Humic 0.3125/ 1.88 2tsp gallon; 15tsp cuf
    Oyster 1.00 / 6.02 Mixed Oyster/ Bone/ Fish Bone
    NFert 1.50 / 9.02 Mixed Blood/ Bat/ Alfalfa

bioChar 6.00 / 36.10 6-8 cups
    Dolomite 1.00 / 6.02 1 tsp/ Cfu
    Gypsum 0.25 / 1.50
    Then add 20 gallons used soil

*The first number is the amount per cubic foot.
    *The second number is the total added.

Grow Environment
    Gorilla 5x5
    6" exhaust fan and filter
    HLG 600 R Spec
    7 gallon grow bags placed directly in saucer (with a layer of lava rocks soon)
    Saucers placed on standard black plastic risers
    9.3 pH water ph'ed with vinegar 6.0 -7.0

Lighting Profile Plan:
    One Exhale 360 bag; kicks in week 4-6 @ 800-1000 ppm CO2
    <Three node seedlings 18/6 @ DLI 13 – 19; 200 – 300 PPFD
    >Three node seedlings 18/6 @ DLI ~32; 500 PPFD
    = Flower Start 12/12 @ DLI 21; 500 PPFD first week
    • Week 2: 26 DLI; 600 PPFD
    • Week 3: 30 DLI; 700 PPFD
    • Week 4: 40 DLI; 800 PPFD
    • Week 5: and beyond 43 DLI; 1000PPFD
    Top Dress Plan:
    Veg:
    No top dress. Foliar spray with commercial inoculant.
    Flower: Foliar spray with commercial inoculant.

Flower Top Dress:
    • EDIT: REMOVED ALL OTHER TOP DRESS; SHOULDN'T NEED IT.
    When orange hairs appear, top dress 1 tbs soft rock phosphate (SRP) for the finish.

This is the grow plan, always subject to adaptations and corrections. If one can write a plan, then one can execute it with confidence. I have found through the years, for me, things come out better with a written plan to refer to. So this is the plan and I’m not sticking to it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. #9 TimJ, Jan 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
    The blood meal and alfalfa are what made your mix hot. I myself try to keep things a bit more simple.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thank you, I was wondering where I went awry. Next to the bio-char, the "N" mix was the ingredient in the highest amount so it makes sense.

My alfalfa NPK ratio is 2.5-5-2.5, which seems pretty low in N. I'll have to look into my recipe and fix it. Why does the alfalfa make it hot?

I'm just editing the top dress list now, to remove some of the ridiculous ingredents....

• Like Like x 1
  11. It's the nitrogen in your alfalfa and blood meal that will burn your plants when over applied. When the bacteria cycle these materials that causes your physical heat.
    Normally we top dress a few times with worm castings and Malted barley powder. You can add a tbsp. of fish bone meal to your top dressing at week 3 of flower. But, when you have a well built soil mix using the finest quality compost and casting you can source you really don't need much in the form of top dressings. Unless your trying to run a small container size with large plants.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. I do it specifically for the reason of having more than one strain. Why would anyone just grow one strain? Ive grown many strains from many breeders to find what I like and what works for my grow space. Seeds aint cheap but I would rather spend my money on seeds than shitty commercial grown hydro bullshit with massive taxes slapped on it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Off the topic of MJ grow journal, my soil is so hot that tomatoes are growing so fast, the plant cant process calcium fast enough for the fruits and the leaves (or so I read). Blossom end rot is the symptom (in addition to dark dark green leaves, calcium splotches, and an over-abundance of rapid veg growth). Publications say that it will be the first fruits and may straighten out as the plant acclimates. I used 1.5 cups Mixed Blood/ Bat/ Alfalfa per 7.5 gallons. @TimJ soil recipe calls for 1 tbs of alfalfa per 10 gallons, I used over 1/2 cup. Fuck meeee......

My MJ grow uses that HOT AF soil cut with the additional 20 gallons of used soil. Just needed to get that N demon out of my head....

• Like Like x 1
  14. I don't use blood meal, it's also very high in nitrogen. I based my decision on what it potentially contains being a slaughterhouse by-product. I generally follow the no-till recipe. But, I tend to amend to the light side. I do add alfalfa to my compost piles. My compost is then cycled through my worm bins. When mixing no-till for auto-flowers I usually add between 1 tbsp.-1/4 cup per 10 gallons of soil mix. When I run photo period plants I tend to add a bit more to the same 10 gallon pot size. I use 1/4-1/2 cup. My soil mixes usually cycle 8-12 weeks prior to planting when I use alfalfa in them. I have a plant running right now that I mixed and planted the same day. It had 1/4 cup alfalfa in it. It's the Nicole Kush x Banana OG I have running. It's a tough strain though, not sure I'd try a mix and plant with a GSC strain.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Free White Widow I’m 0-3. Three dropped, none germinate.
    Left with three CMCBD and a Cali Orange to fill out the tent.
    Transplanted to pots today Thursday 03 Feb.
    • Seedling plug of Fox Farms Light Warrior in Home brew soil, in 5 gal fabric pots
    • Topped with commercial EWC
    • Dust planting hole and roots with commercial dry inoculant
    Away we go. I forgot to label the Cali Orange. Hope it’s a standout and not male. Was counting on the White Widow that didn’t pop. Fuk meeeeee C0B13F64-0D49-4211-8590-37545C2F4D2E.jpeg
    F3910E73-F48C-42A4-A87C-DCFEEBF48CFA.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Looking good @Weedweasle.

• Like Like x 1
  17. #17 Weedweasle, Feb 10, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
    Week three-ish.

One week since transplant from FF Light Warrior to home grown soil.
    Every plant has a different color/ stature.
    They all show issues at the leaves; molted yellow, spotted at the leaf end at margin. Maybe I need to drive nute uptake..... removed the really shitty looking leaves.
    Just bumped my lights up from 280 PPFD to 480.
    • 80 F/ 45% rh
    • 73.5 leaf temperature
    • 72% soil temperature
    • DLI 18 Hour: 20 (bumped to 30 today)
    • PPFD 280 (bumped up to 480 today)
    • CO2 from Mushroom bag: 680ppm
    Looking like I’m pretty low on the learning curve.

FD695D8E-9A09-4FB3-A6BD-BFD67784AAC1.jpeg ED1C8D4C-88C2-48FB-83B6-3D0E080E6CD6.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  18. I'd post a picture of your grow once a week along with your notes above. It will help you looking back. I believe you may be over thinking things a bit. Many times LITFA works best. I find it takes 1-2 weeks for a transplant to really take hold and start vigorous growth again.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thanks @TimJ, I added pictures (edit) probably while you were replying lol.
    It was due for a light bump anyway. I have a hard time with LITFA, but Im getting better......:hide:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Yeah, that LITFA technique is a hard one for us to master. I believe we have both potted up around the same time. We are also running similar lighting.

• Like Like x 1