Seeds wont germinate in water glass.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tittybullshitty420, Mar 26, 2015.

1. So i put 3 seeds in a glass of water 48 hours ago and none of them how sprouted yet. I felt them and they still seemed hard as if they haven't even absorbed hardly any water. The strain is green crack (at least that's what I was told). Should I wait longer? Should I just put them under a damp paper towel? I still have around 20 more seeds that I'll germinate closer to the growing season and I just wanted to test some to see if it worked and apparently it hasn't yet.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

2. Why would you put the seeds in a glass of water? :huh:

3. #3 GoldGrower, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2015
    You have drowned them mate. When you try some new seeds, don't submerge them in water. They need a lot of air. Sow straight in soil or use very lightly dampened paper towels in a bag kept around 25℃ and they should show within 48 hours 

4. Really guys? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the water glass method of germination was supposed to have a 99% success rate. There are countless tutorials on YouTube instructing you to put weed seeds in a glass of water and they sprout in about 2 days. I was under the impression that it was supposed to work better than just using paper towel alone.

5. lol..............................................................................................................................................................................................................

6. I have never had the paper towel method fail me. Use that. I wet a paper towel with room temperature bottled water and place the seeds onto the paper towel, fold it in half and place it inside a ziploc bag or a travel wet wipes container (make sure its cleaned out). Place it in a dark place and keep checking it after 24 hours. Never fails.

7. #7 TheAnswer121, Mar 26, 2015
    yea but for someone who just leaves a seed in a glass of water for 2 days, expecting a plant to grow, you think they gonna keep that paper towel damp?

i doubt it

8. you gotta be fuckin kidding me! I'm not a fuckin retard just a noob! Go to YouTube and look up germinating weed seeds. The top result will be the water glass method. I was either tricked by a video that was over a million views and mostly likes, or else that method really does work and I just have dead seeds and u guys are the retards!

9. #9 TheAnswer121, Mar 26, 2015
    totes[​IMG]

10. Paper towel method = better than a glass of water with undisclosed PH.

11. Well, either way.  Just sow it in soil next time and keep the soil damp/moist.  I can't say that I've tried the other methods but they do have a greater chance of failure as I see it.

12. Not sure why a glass of water would have a less known PH than a paper towel wet with said water.

13. kk I'll definitely give the towel a try!

14. #14 Blix, Mar 26, 2015
    You put the seeds in water for 24 hours
    and then transfer to moist paper towels.

By leaving them in water for two days you
    drowned them.  Same mistake I made first
    time.

You're not waiting for the root to grow out,
    just for the seed to crack, if that.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Overnight soak in water straight into soil never fails imo did the paper towel at the start it's too fussy for my liking

16. uploadfromtaptalk1427409777772.jpg
    I found a cat that is an expert with seeds inside a water glass. He told me you're probably using the wrong kind of water glass. The glass has to be made from some type of pipe dream and sing too when the sunset sets.... lol

17. ...sing too when the sunset sets(sic)...tongue twister lol

18. #19 jay719, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    Probably because quite a few people in various cannabis forums, including this one, recommend that method.

I think its freaking stupid personally, but it isn't his fault for taking widely given advice.

My favorite method is rapid rioters using a thermo controlled heat pad and vented dome. The key to excellent germination is temperature and air/moisture balance. That setup lets you control both and minimizes variables.

• Like Like x 1
  19. "Don't believe everything you read! Alize and weed."
    - Tupac Shakur