Seeds vs. clones

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BellaAddams, Mar 26, 2009.

1. #1 BellaAddams, Mar 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2009
    Hey gc! I'd love to have your input!

I just went to my local head shop/sex toy emporium and casually asked the store owner (and the leader of the local Green Party come every voting season..) if he knew of anywhere I could obtain some seeds. I'm not exactly sure on what my local laws on selling seeds are lol.. maybe should have checked that out..

Anyway, he has a huge list of indoor/outdoor feminized strains of seeds and clones that he can get in. I let him know what the growing conditions would be like (some outside, some inside etc) adn that I'm a first time grower.

So the seeds he suggested are Early Bubblegum. He said it is a sativa...a mix of bubblegum and something else I think. I'll get more info if I decide to go one way or the other. Anyone heard of it??

He also has "baby plants" available. He said "Or I can get in some baby plants...like clones ya know". So i dunno if he means clones, or actual plants that have rooted...unless... are clones rooted? I dunno.

So since I'll be trying a plant or two indoors as well as the few outdoor (which my dad does every year... got ripped off last summer though :() and I want to try growing the indoor using the Low stress method, would it be better to start with the seeds or the clones/babies? Are clones usually small enough to bend the stalk without it breaking as per the low-stress thing?

Thanks!!

(P.s. he says its $60 for the seeds... i think there were 10 in there? I'm not sure. And the clones/babies are $12 a plant and the guy likes to see them go 10 at a time.)

2. myself i would go with the clones cause u never no with seeds.seed well take longer to grow.clones well aways get buds on tham.

3. seeds you can come with both male and female. Clones if they come from a reliable place will probably be the stronger phenotype of the bunch. Seeds you could get all the phenotype what I want may not be the one you want.... so its a toss up. Ohh on the other hand the clone mother could have been stressed and might not have put off the best clone as to were the seeds if your the one growing them you know what mistakes could be.

To me its the question of do you buy a fully built sports car or do you build it yourself. One you will have more time into but know everything you can about it (seeds). The other will be quicker and drive sooner but don't know of what problems it could have had just a couple months ago. (Clone)

4. Clones all the way if you have access to them. No one will clone males(generally speaking), so you start out with 10 female plants for 120 bucks....not bad. Some will pay that much for ten seeds with a 50/50 probability on getting female plants.

5. ya go with the clones you dont have to wait germination time and can make them bud sooner....

6. Hmm...I think you blades are right.... Thanks for your input.

Any other p.o.v??

7. its in canada i think, and I doubt people will start selling plants over to some 2 poster. also i duno if its again gc rules

go clones, u wont regret.

8. don'try to hook up here on GC.. you will end up getting banned... FYI

this is the truth of it .

there really is no "best" .. only "better suited" for you.

and on that I suggest, going with the clones.

you will have no need to sex, germinate..and you can go into flower at any time ith no adverse effects.

peace

9. seeing as its ur first rodeo ,I'd go with clones.There established all u gotta do is transplant.instead of fukin with seedlings,which ull prob end up killin some.if hes got assorted varieties I'd prob get a couple kinds as well