Seeds that help focus with ADHD

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Gragster, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Hi there!:)

I'm having some serious problems concentrating on smaller tasks, and it feels like my thoughts are racing ahead of me at all time.

I am looking for a strain for me to grow indoor, that can help me
    skip procrastinating and keep me more focused/creative instead of just stoned.

So what should i go for?:confused:

My thoughts:

- I should go for a Cerebral high/head high:p
    - "Head high" can be arranged by planting a Sativa plant (i know they are high and difficult to have inside)
    - "Head high" can also come from harvestig the plant before the glands on the buds turn orange, but harvest when they are milky white?

Is this true, and can you guys tell stories of strains that helped you focus, or just got you more creative instead of just being stoned?:smoke:

2. hey man its good to see someone else with the same issues as me.

for me personally and many others i have talked to have found Sativa's or Sativa/Indica Hybrids that have a more clear high are what you are looking for.

although they speed you up they actually help people like you and me concentrate...its like Adderol or Ritalin that is an upper and helps with ADD an ADHD.

pm me if you have further questions.

PUFFER

3. also you want to harvest at milky meaning right after clear

puffer

4. Thanks man, Much appreciate it!

Ok i'll look for some great Sativa-seeds or maybe hybrids as they must be smaller in height for the secret grow room. (that i'm dreaming about :) )

It would be great to go without Ritalin or Adderol!

5. i have serious ADD and i do not take Adderol or Ritalin because they are both dangerous and change your personallity...they also make you addicted to them...its tough man.

i am sure if you find some sativas they will certainly help you cut down on your dosage.

i feel your pain man...try C-99 ...its a Sativa but has a shorter flowering time.

also maybe you should scrogg (use a screen) to keep the height down for your low clearance.

i just purchased Super Lemon Haze hoping it helps me with my ADD

PUFFER

6. I feel your guys pain, I suffer from ADHD as well as bi-polar II. I quit taking all my meds a couple years ago and have been having to work very hard to maintain, but growing helps to keep me focused and relaxed.

7. #7 pokernaut, Mar 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2011
    no, you probably DON'T want a cerebral high as those will only make your mind race even more.

you should look into indica dominants that will mellow you out, but to me, they make you stupid & slow and many are confusing. they're a lot like taking elavil.

if you're looking for a specific med use, you really should go to a forum that specializes in that as that's where everyone that has medical needs will be and where all the info will be.

to me, good sativas make my mind race so fast that thoughts are nearly instant and inspiration comes easier, but unlike you, i'm totally a slower methodical "one thing at a time" thinker, so i can't really help you or fully put myself in your shoes. med users though will know what your best bet is.

i don't know though, at least in cases of hyperactivity, doctors actually prescribe SPEED! if it works the same with weed, then C99 is the closest thing to a clear headed speed trip you're likely to encounter. i don't that it improves focus & concentration, but it does help a lot with motivation. i get a lot of shit done on that.

using ADHD & marijuana as keywords, i came up with this link at the top of the results.
    http://www.showmethefacts.org/medical-marijuana-facts/add-adhd/

8. Thx for comments guys!

Yes Indica dominant's get me down but i get a total couchlock and also extreme lazy which is not the kind of high i was looking for.
    But yeah it makes sense to take something to slow my brain down, but as you say - the doctor descripes speed for some cass of hyperactivity so i think i should try c99 or maybe some sort of hybrid - it just plauges me to have so much thoughts but cant do anything with them or jsut write them down.

Lol i acctually decided to read that article two times but each time i just skipped it after reading 1 or two lines of text. :eek:

Try taking a look at: Marijuana Strain Effects - Leafly and choose Focused in the left.

• Red is Sativa
    • Green is Hybrids
    • Purple is Indicas

It seems that hybrids and sativas should somehow work for better focus but yeah you are right i should probably talk with some people only focusing on adhd but they probably dont know the difference between the strains either way.:p

9. i didn't read anything but the title figuring the info is more help to the OP than me.

10. try super silver haze, stay away from the indicas as they will only enhance your adhd. Keep to the sativa head highs, they are easier to operate with and concentrate.

11. not all sativas are easy to concentrate on. some are so racy that one's thoughts are fleeting and gone before you can even write them down.

try reading my "live" smoke reports. LOL talk about wandering sentence fragments! LOL i forget wahat i was talking about before i get to the end of a sentence and wind up talking about the price of mushrooms in upper mongolia.

but i sure as fuck am having FUN and that's all that matters to me at least.

a good thing to do would be to try an indoor mix like nirvana's and see which strain agrees with you the most. there aren't any pure sativas in it, but pure power plant should give you a taste of that kind of high. skunk #1 has good euphoria, but is stoney. i think northern lights is one of the strains, or afghani. man do i ever hate afghani specifically.

12. Well you hit it right on the head. Yes sativa is speedy and yes, you want speedy for ADHD. However it works, it works.

13. [quote name='pokernaut']no, you probably DON'T want a cerebral high as those will only make your mind race even more.

actually its the opposite for someone with ADD or ADHD The SATIVAS are a cerebral and an upper...think about it though Adderol and Ritalin are both uppers

i have found this to be true for Sativas slowing my mind down but it only helps people with Severe ADD...it actually works opposite they way it should

PUFFER

14. Also to add to what i just posted i found Sour Diesel to be one of the best strains for my ADD

I am the same way with some much shit going through my head i want to sometimes flip the fuck out but i blaze some headies and i am all good.

either way try out some Sativas some Indicas, and some Hybrids while doing something like reading to see what effects you and how it effects your concentration.

PUFFER

15. Noooe Dude.. How could you do such a cruel act? I looked in to the Sour Diesel but since it was so hard to get along i decided to look for some other strain.. but now that you mentioned her :D.. i want her.. badly!

New quest.. Find the original Sour diesel :D think its kinda hard here in Europe since its only by clone.. lets hope Rezdog have some close-to-sour-diesel seeds :)

By the way.. Eventually if i find some seeds to grow, i'm planning on consuming most by cannabutter - i know this would be a shame if i have some great tasting plant, but i want this to be effective and not harm my lungs (yeah yeah im a little bitch) but would there be any downsides of this regarding to add? i mean THC can easily be transfered to the butter, but what about the other psychoactive compounds? i read something about the other stuff only works when burned?:smoke:

16. Reserva Privada sour diesel on the tude under their regular seed section, you can also try their headband which is tasty. The first freebie at the tude right now is Dinafem diesel. Medical seeds also has sour diesel.
    If you're worried about health, pick up a quality vaporizer.

17. I'm looking for seeds that do good for adhd as i have it? And I want to find somethig wit fast flowering so I can get buds quick??

18. #18 tru1212, May 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2014
    I'm lookin more into it.i suffer from add as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app