seeds sinking?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Opiumchild, Aug 19, 2010.

1. so I'm germinating some seeds i just got in the mail and i'm curious, the seeds are feminized so there shouldn't be any duds, but they have all sunk to the bottom but I don't see any major cracks yet. After reading grandpas grow guide I read that sinking seeds are the ones you want. But if the taproot hasn't come out and they have sunk, is that bad? and should I plant them now?

2. personally I soak them in water overnite then use the wet-napkin-in-the-plastic-bag method. After a few days they should sprout. I wouldn't plant them now.

3. alot of people put them in water because the ones that sink should be viable...ie..good...this also hydrates the seed and husk.....too much...it drowns...use the papertowel method...damp not soaked...put in warm dark place....check em in a day:wave: peace ..deacon...good job of studying before you started...most dont

4. Hasn't been my experience. :smoking:

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/161957-cup-water-germination.html

OP, you can either leave it in the water or transplant it to the paper towels, or plant the seed in your grow medium but I'm betting you haven't quite given germination enough time, so pick a method and then practice patience. It will be a few days before you see results. ;)

5. my bad...good catch... fence walker...here i am just passing along what i have heard and not done it myself...never a good idea....sorry......i just plant em..ie ....i use info on mandala website...old skool...who says the mods arn't lookin out for you guys...i deserve a good:poke:

6. Thanks for the tips guys, I just checked the seeds and they just cracked and the tap root is showing on two of them so far :), just a little nervous because I wasted a whole batch (x5) of barney's farm blue cheese before due to some dumb beginner mistakes lol