Seeds pop then poop.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by PsiliTheKid, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Got a pack of seeds from 207 genetics with two freebies, but only 2 popped, then hours later started shriveling. Entirely outdoor, seeds straight to soil, and watered well. The soil mixture is a good part natural red clay because it's my native soil. Any ideas? Maybe just shit genetics, either way I'm staying away from 207.

Sent from my QS5509A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Learn how to germinate properly as well as taking care of a seedling. Playing straight in a clay dominant soil isn’t usually very good

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. could be temps. All of mine died when I planted them outside right before a heat wave hit. Even the sprouts. :bang::bang::bang:

4. Clay, is likely the worst medium to grow in, given that reefer LOVES great drainage.
    If I HAD TO grow in clay, I'd establish my plants in a pot of peat-moss based medium, THEN plant them outside.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. It's probably 40% red dirt clay, 30% perlite, and 30% Coco coir. The other 12 seeds I've done outdoors this year are doing phenomenal, and these are all in cloth pots.

6. The other 12 were however European brand name seed banks. I think I'll just stick to the reputable genetics, and also lighten up on native soil.

7. Ah, I see; I was imagining the just red clay... as in Georgia, USA.

8. As mentioned heat is a killer but old seeds will do that. They lose viability every year.

9. Seems legit, I kept a piece of shade clothe over top, but will move the newbies closer to some tree shade until they are more established.

10. I was thinking the same thing and started laughing. It would definitely not surprise me though.

11. IMO The clay is still your problem.
    If I were gonna do it that way I would put a small hole in your soil maybe small solo cup size. Fill it with seed starter or the likes put your seed in that. I think your soil is still to heavy to start a seed in. Once gets a little bigger maybe but not just starting out.
    It could be due to heat also but I think its more of a soil thing.