seeds :( plz heeeeeeeeeelp

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by w blanco, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Hey all,

I jus took a couple sample buds from my cfl grown super lemon haze, everything looked great thruout flower but after quick dring by my heater for a couple hours I saw to my dismay a seed. Not just one but I found 6 out of the 4 grams wet, 1 gram dried that I took to sample,im smokin a blunt as I type and am feelin good but did I fail as a grower? What could've happened? I was gonna let it go another couple weeks till harvesting is that still a good idea? Plz help, any info is appreciated

Thanx

2. ...depends what you were hoping to get from your grow op......are you not still pleased that you were able to get something smokable....did it not occupy your otherwise empty thoughts? :hello:

dont be too hard on yourself man, it's all good experience...send some pics :smoke:

Were your seeds feminised?

3. Someone went hermie! The longer you keep some strains of cannabis as "virgins", the more likely they are to hermie. It's a survival trait to make sure that there are more cannabis plants.

There is a silver lining to all this- what you now have are a bunch of home-grown feminized seeds! Cannabis breeders often use chemicals to force their female plants to produce male flowers, but cannabis can make male flowers spontaneously.

Now if you are planning to sell your crop, it is a disaster. Most folks prefer sinsemilla to seeded buds. You will not get top price. :(

However if this is your own stash, it's just an inconvenience. Just dry it to the point of being "crispy dry" and get that big old wire mesh kitchen strainer out. It is then a matter of rubbing the dry buds through the screen. Seeds and stems stay in the strainer, finely flaked pot lands on a plate. Put the cannabis into your container of choice (I like mason jars) and add a few drops of water, shake and let sit. If it's still too dry, add more. Too wet, let it sit open for a while.

Back in the day when most cannabis had seeds and stems, "City sifting" commonly done. It was easier than "carding out" the seeds. :D