seeds or clones??

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Mista Dank, Jan 22, 2011.

1. well i know when it comes to clones you can get some kick ass plants over and over again and it will always be a ladie if done right but i like the way the plants look that come from seed i think i like the idea of always having diffrent kinds of buds and genetics :D i guess how do you guys feel about clones or seedling plants who do you like more to grow

2. clones are better, its a fact. you know what it is and how its doing before you buy/recieve it. with seeds you have to wait 3days to germ, then 2 weeks to get where the clone is. sometimes they dont germ and even if they do its a 50% chance of it being a male. and your wrong about how seeds have different genetics, because if a plant has 100 seeds every seed will have the same genes. like they will all be indica or sativa or a mix. not 5 indica, 17 sativa, 89 northern lights and 3 master kush. clones are better for doing micro grows also.

3. All seeds will have the same genetics??? You couldn't be more wrong...

Mendelian inheritance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-Loki

4. I heard when a Clone is taken from a Mother plant grown from seed it reduces the predicted Level of THC ... Any1 else heard this , Truth / Myth ???

5. how so? if 2 indica plants breed they will all be indica and same genetics?
    im not saying your wrong just explain?:confused:

6. ya thats not true because most plants for mmj are clones. and they have high amounts of thc still. and they take 1000's of clones from plants. so if your theory was correct they would be down to nothing if they used a bonsai mum.

7. How are most plants from mmj clones ??? , That doesn't make sense - You mean the seed I buy will be from a clone ??? :/ - I'm sure there not taking clones off clones ... To make seeds ( It would make sense to keep 1 plant ( mother ) from seed & Cross It with a male plant )

I still believe what I have read more than your word to be honest - I know I asked If it was True / myth ? ( , back your post up with some sort of evidence that most ' plants for mmj are clones ' :s & I'll believe you more , but at the moment Its just 2 sides to the story

Can I suggest you post this thread In a Different section ... I can imagine you will get more of an expereinced answer to your question In the Advanced Growing section ( I'm sure no one will mind answering your question In there )

: ]

8. Well, when two plants breed, whatever the genetics, they share the same pool of genetics, but in no way are they going to be identical. Each seed gets a random mix of genes from that pool.

-Loki