Seeds on female plant

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MISTAGRNTHUMB84, Feb 3, 2013.

1. My GDP plant had a few seeds that started growing so I took them off will this effect my girl? Btw there's no male plant in my grow box.

image-1735085493.jpg

image-1587184055.jpg

2. Those don't look like seeds. They look like male plant parts which would make that a hermie. Sorry.

3. I suppose you could have a hermie. It could be good for you, it could be bad. Utilize the seeds that are brown and have black on them because you can replant those.

4. Those aren't seeds those are naners. Now if you want to salvage that plant you have to check her every day for more, seperate "her" from any others in case you miss one. Herm's make herm's so any seed you get from that will be troublesome.

5. those aren't nanners, those are full on nuts

6. those are nuts lol. if you have one of them pop open ur plant will be completely pollinated and any plant in the room with it. maybe you have a straight up male?

7. It's at LEAST hermie, look at the picture, those are buds on the plant.

8. this is why I can't stand the idea of feminised seeds. this is the result
    I agree with the above, those look like out of focus male flowers

not all male flowers are fertile so you may be lucky. I had a "female" several years ago that always popped out a few males flowers late in to flowering and I never got a single seed from her

9. Feminized has nothing to do with herming. If done properly all it does is produce pollen with no male chromosomes, which is then used to pollinate the female plant producing femmed seeds.

Herming is 90% grower error (either fucked up light schedule or trying to grow bagseed which is produced by herm pollen) which is why I tell new growers not to start with bagseed for their first grow as its usually pretty disappointing and can ruin a new growers fun.

Kill that plant and start over with good genetics and don't fuck the lights up and you'll be way more successful and have a much better experience growing.

10. about 95% or more of all mj plants carry hermaphrodite genes and will show when under stress. some are much easier to go herm on you than others and some will go herm no matter what you do. doesnt matter if they are feminized or regular, it depends on the parents and how easily they go herm if at all. when you breed a plant the resulting characteristics are determined by which alleles pair up. so this means that if most plants carry herm genes there's always a chance of getting a genetic hermie regardless feminized or regular. but it is also true that feminized seeds have more of a chance being herm but it greatly depends on how the breeder made the seeds and the strength of the parents used also. i prefer regular seeds personally because i dont trust most breeders. i find a very strong female and make my own feminized seeds of the same strain, and if i get lucky and find a male i make some regular seeds also.

11. feminised plants have a pre disposition to hermie up, it's in the genetics. grower error will always be there. feminised seeds don't have to be. they are a breeders nightmare