seeds not germinating HELP!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by akfire, Nov 22, 2008.

1. hello, I have been germinating seeds for about 5 days now and they look exactly how they did when I first got them still. first I soaked in water for 24 hours, and they sunk showing water retention. then I moved to a wet paper towel on a plate under a bowl. been keeping it in the dark and around like 75 to 85 degrees depending on time of day. should I give up on these little guys and try some others from the batch? I only used 2 the first time I think I got like 5 more. what should I do differently next time if anything. I got this method from marijuana horticulture by Jorge Cervantes. since hes been in high times and all that stuff I assumed his methods were valid.
    thank you

2. Give it more time. I've seen them sit in a cup of water 24/7 and not pop for two weeks. Some seeds are just picky.

3. try the paper towel method get a paper towel wet fold the seeds inside put in a sandwich bag and stick it in a dark warm place works every time for me. takes about 2-4 days that i've seen.

4. well I hate it in a paper towel. just on a plate under a bowl. so same idea as a plastic bad right? keep the moisture in? I have just heard some stuff about bacteria build up with theese methods. I might try the plastic bag thing instead of my setup.

5. all seeds are different thats why i plant all the seeds i gurmenate weather the shells crack or not

6. I realize that english may not be your first lanuage, but I am having trouble figuring your method out.

Are you saying that you aren't using a paper towel? Just a plate with a bowl over it? Is there any water in the resevoir of the plate?

Just trying to wrap my tiny brain aroud what you are saying.

7. sorry typo/high haha. It was I have it in a paper towel. not hate. and the paper towel is on a plate under a bowl.:D

8. and I just put the paper towel in a plastic bag. its still under the bowl to avoid light hitting it.