Seeds no good? Help!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by leafminer, Aug 23, 2008.

1. This summer I grew some Oaxaca (100% sativa) and some Aurora (100% indica) outdoors. All the Oaxaca came up male and all the Aurora came up female.
    I selected a really strong-smelling Oaxaca - even as a small plant it had a very strong smell - and pollinated three of my Auroras with it.

The Oaxaca turned into a hermie plant as it became mature. I got some seed from it but they wouldn't sprout.
    I got plenty of healthy-looking seed, grey/brown with speckles, not immature pale stuff, from the Aurora plants and looking to do a winter indoor grow with it, but ... I've tried some of the seed in a little jar, soaking it overnight, and even after 2 or 3 days it doesn't germinate.

If I open it up it seems 'live' and not dried out or anything. WTF?? Does seed need to 'mature' or something (I took it off the plant a week ago)?? I'm really teed off because I was looking forward to trying a new 50-50 variety and it is hard for me to get seed here. Anyone have any experience to lend some advice? Help!