Seeds in two gallon pots

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RustyShakylford, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Some with root tips from towel germination.

How much should/can they be watered? What conditions will make plants emerge? Light, no light, some light?

2. I'd like to know the answer to this as well, out of pure curiosity. I'm guessing the same goes for growing orchids.

3. The seeds don't need any light to emerge. They should emerge anywhere from 2 - 7 days, on their own. Add water, but don't overwater. Some people use heat pads below their cups to add a little warmth, but it's not necessary. If you have a grow space that's going to be in normal growing temps, the seedlings will sprout fine in there. Add light as soon as the cotelydons pop through the surface of the soil.

Good luck!

4. How can I tell when my soil has enough but not too much water in it? How should i know how much to add?

5. Overwatering is a bigger danger than underwatering. If you poke your finger into the soil you can tell whether it's moist. If you sense wet, rather than moist, you have too much water. You're supposed to add water just until some begins to seep out the drain holes. In 2-gal pots it could be 2 - 5 days before you need to water again. You can tell by the soil color if the soil is getting dry... it will lighten to brown, as opposed to closer to black when moist.

It's easier to control water levels using smaller containers for the sprouts. You may want to put the remainder of the seeds that sprout in small cups for germination then transplant to the larger pots after a week or two in the cups.

Good luck.