Seeds in Sinsemilla??!!

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Jackmir, Jan 20, 2012.

1. I have one mother plant that I normally clone into a few little plants, then flowering begins.
    One time as I harvested my females, I found four seeds! How the hell did they form? I have no males what so ever in my closet grow, any reason?

2. Lol. Sinsemilla doesn't have seeds, hence sinsemilla. Perhaps the plants became stressed during cultivation, hermied and began producing seeds

3. Lol 'seeds in sensimilla' lol

4. Well, as oxymoronic as it sounds, it is still possible. Some strains if unpollinated deep into flowering can produce a few seeds as a survival mechanism to pass on its genes. Not induced by stress per se (stress would induce hermie, which would create pollen and create potentially lots of seeds from pollination).

If these are self-spawned seeds then, if viable, they should be essentially "clones" of the mother plant (since 100% of the genetics came from her), and thus obviously also are feminized.

5. Yes i think every grower has had a top notch sensi grow. But still has found a few seeds and nanners in it.

Makes sense once the plant is dying to work extra hard to pass on its gentetics, just like the theory of increased resin production.

But ill ask you this (cause idk) How can a seed grow without any pollen transferred to the plant? Wouldnt it have to have some stressed induced and create pollen? Like the stress of not making any seeds yet??maybe??

6. What is stress? And what causes it?

7. Stress is just what it sounds like, caused by submitting the plant to adverse conditions -- messed up light schedules, temps too high or too low, topping or trimming too aggressively, etc.

Jack, the whole point of this particular survival mechanism is that the plant can form the seeds all by itself, without pollen. Exactly how that happens I can't explain, mother nature figured it out and makes it happen. There even have been some feminized seeds that have been sold that were created this way from strains with this trait, bred to enhance the trait so that they generated enough seeds for it to be worthwhile to the breeders. You don't see many femmed seeds generated this way anymore because the traits to generate seeds gets bred into the strain, so of course it is passed down, so the grower ends up with bud full of seeds that s/he didn't want. Other feminizing techniques have become more stable and reliable, and no self-generated seeds in the offspring.

Again, it is only some strains that do this, and only a few seeds, and only if unpollinated and allowed to go late into flowering.

8. many strains can do this is left in flower to long, when I grew maui wowie it was 62-63 days not 64 days, if you did that you would get small seeds - we latter examined the plants dna and there were a few broken structures that were probably a result of it not starting from seed but rather a clone from a wild plant a friend got in hawaii on a vacation and taken by boat to cali

but anyways if your plant does seed and its a good looking seed then yes it could be a pure female plant - but unless you have the time to find out and can risk it not being female then dont try it - maybe you know someone like my friend who can run a plants dna for you and you can see if there are any male dna markers in it and if not then that seed will be pure female, you would have to have a clone of the plant before it was flowered or a sample tested before it was flowered or it will be useless

9. Look up Apomixis; this is the formation of seeds in the embryo by asexual reproduction, ie: no pollination.

PW

10. As they say "Shit happens" But i have heard of this happening usually after several seasons of taking a clone from the same mother,like toasty said mother nature finding a way to reproduce.Ask yourself this, why is it that you can take 100 seeds and throw them in a patch and almost always it will produce around a 50/50 mix of male to females?well this is because the plants can sense their surroundings and produce accordingly.hell there are some animals that can a reproduce or change sex all together.