Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

seeds in edibles?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by gangeefried718, Nov 18, 2011.

1. #1 gangeefried718, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2011
    I was wondering...

Since cannabis seeds are highly nutritious ...

Wouldn't it be OK to just grind the seeds up with the herb?

I grind my weed up in a coffee grinder and don't strain it out of the oil
    (it seems to make them grow stronger as they sit)

Should I remove these few seeds or just leave them in?

2. Wondering the same thing as I just made a batch with Uncured bud with about 20 seeds grinded up

3. hey man hemp seed are great for you it could a little strange texture wise but knock your self out

4. I've wondered what it's like to eat it without curing it myself. What experience do you all have with this?

thanks

5. seeds have a very high thc content so this will work perfectly -____-

6. Just ate a firecracker with it in, just waiting for it to kick in soo0o0oo well see..

7. Well, they are getting ground up and run through a sifter
    so you really shouldn't be able to notice them in the brownie

you can't tell that the herb is still in them
    so I doubt the seeds will be noticeable either

I was just curious if any other blades removed the seeds before making oil or not.

8. I've also fantasized about finding a vast field of kine bud and running through it naked with my tongue hanging out. Oh, lovely day. To sink my k-9s into a mouthful of sumptuous trichomial matter.

9. Wait, what ?!?!?!

I've been told that there is no thc in the seeds at all :confused:

10. That's what I've always been told, too.

Isn't that why people usually throw them out?

11. I made oil with a mix of some homegrown and mids and I left the seeds in. The oil came out great. (I decarbed my bud first, especially since the homegrown was fairly fresh, so I highly recommend a decarb).

I do strain my oils, but if you don't mind the texture of bud, the texture of finely ground seeds wouldn't be much different. They are very nutritious, so it certainly won't hurt you or the quality of the extraction :)