Seeds? Help me out!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by aw69, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Hey GC members, I've probably posted this 4 times but have had no luck yet, I live in rhode island where the outdoor growing season is short and hard, I've grown indoors 3 times and have had 2 of them successful, last year I tried to grow outdoors with 2 biddy early seeds. They got blown out of the ground as soon as they sprouted so I was wondering if anyone on here can give me some outdoor tips on growing up here or around here. I also was wondering if anyone around here has had outdoor success with a certain strain because im going to order seeds soon, any suggestions? Please help out!

2. Almost anything kush. It's almost impossible to fuck kush up. Usually finishes early and almost always turns out really good. Short and strong.

3. Any certain strain? I'm looking for someone who knows a certain strain that is wicked easy to grow and thrives in rhode island or anywhere with a climate like it....anyone?

4. Any certain strain? Im looking for some suggestions of certain strains that people know for certain or have grown themselves in areas in rhode island or areas with similar climates.

5. Just practice dude. Do a little research about strains that do well in colder climates. You probably wanna grab an early finisher since RI probably gets cold pretty quick. Put a fence or crate or something around your plants until they get big and stable enough to be left alone outside..stake a little twig beside them for support. You said you grew 2 indoor crops? Even better, veg em out a few weeks before you transplant outdoors.

What if you waste the time you could have spent researching posting 4 times hoping that someone will respond, and then the strain they give you completely bombs and you're outta luck anyways? Why not give a couple different strains a try?

Rainy? Humid? Avoid plants that mold easily.
    Snow? Possibly a hybrid or something that can take some punishment. Early finisher for sure.
    Shouldn't be too hard to make an educated decision..

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure there's no real magic strain that's gonna come out bomb simply because you grow it in RI. Would some strains do better there? Sure. But it's probably not worth wasting your time just asking someone to name you a strain. Just my 2 cents :smoke:

PS: The way that dude ^ feels about kushes, I feel about OGs. Seen some rank burmese grown once...kushes can be ruined. OGs however..:smoking:

6. i live in MA and i actually just ordered seeds today, with the help of people on here i ended up going with these seeds

Order Inventory:
    Product: Female Seeds Purple Maroc
    Options: Feminized Seeds Per Pack - 04 Seeds
    Quantity: 1
    Product Code: FEM6132
    Price: $26.55

Product: Female Seeds Easy Sativa
    Options: Feminized Seeds Per Pack - 04 Seeds
    Product Code: FEM7132/no du FEM0408
    Price: $26.55

Product: Pick and Mix Seeds Female Seeds Outdoor Semi-Automatic Grapefruit
    Options: Pick & Mix Seeds per pack - 01 Seeds
    Product Code: FEM7132/no du FEM0408
    Price: $7.80

Product: Nirvana Seeds PPP Feminized
    Options: Feminized Seeds Per Pack - 05 Seeds
    Product Code: NIRH21/NSF538
    Price: $39.05

Product: Pick and Mix Seeds Nirvana Seeds Super Skunk Feminized
    Options: Pick & Mix Seeds per pack - 01 Seeds
    Product Code: NIRH21/NSF538
    Price: $9.36

Surprisingly most strains will do fine around here as long as they dont take really long to finish up

7. I know man don't worry I'm not stupid haha, I've done plenty of research and know that i have to buy early finishing tough plants, this thread is simply to see if anyone has had success with a certain strain in my area, being that there are so many strains I've heard of doing well in "cold" climate easy sativa, biddy early, etc. So I was wondering if anyone has had success with a certain strain here and purple maroc, there's a idea!

8. last year i grew durban poison which was an awesome outdoor strain, i also grew sour cream, cheese, ppp, and master kush which all did fine in MA

9. Where'd you get the master from and what's the smoke report like??? :)

10. im not sure which breeder it came from i took a few plants off my friends' hands, from what i recall the smoke was nice but my whole grow was so unorganized i didnt really know what was what

11. Just remember when u order ur seeds that u get what u pay for. I ordered some cheap white widow one time and it came back to haunt me bad at the end of season.

12. yea thats true i ordered like 30 seeds from i think marijuanaseeds.nl for cheap and they were the worst seeds ever

13. Ya there is a reason some places sell seeds for $ 10 for 30 seeds and some sell $15 for 1 seed. Because the 30 for 10 will most likely be bunk shit to smoke and u won't be able to sell it. Waste of ur season

14. Ya I'm planning on buying a lot of seeds and planting a few here and there, so far through my research and your advice im thinking biddy early, purple Maroc, easy sativa, and what others? I was thinking maybe some sour d or some kush? Looking for a very tasty bud that grows well outdoors any ideas on some other strains good for around here?

15. #15 Corto Malteze, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2011
    Female seeds Purple maroc finishes by mid Sept ( I grew it), it is 8/10 in strength but great taste. Their Grapefruit is 2 weeks later but very good and a bit stronger (9/10) and more resistant to mold (althouhg PM is good too). Their Easy sativa is well reputed and finishes early too.
    Some big autos are a good option in feminized too (lowlife AK47 for example)
    Other famous companies are DNA, Reserva privada, Serious seeds, Paradise seeds (I grew Sensi star finished beg or mid Oct), GHS WW , TW (beg oct), Barney's farm, Sweet Seeds etc... Those are pricey though.

For cheaper feminized life Female seeds, see CH9 seeds and Eva seeds both of which I may try this year.

16. Final strain list for 2012 NE outdoor grow give me some final tips or suggestions before I order the seeds tomorrow!
    (all feminized)
    -purple maroc
    -LSD
    -blueberry headband
    -number one (super auto)
    -automazar
    -pineapple express auto

The autos are for a mid way harvest so that I can have some herb to have while I wait on my big girls, I'm trying to order the seeds tomorrow and with a lot of research and threads this is the strain list I came up with for my outdoor grow in NE tell me what ya think?