Seeds haven't germinated?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bgibs, Apr 7, 2016.

1. So I have two Auto GDP seeds sitting between two paper towels between two paper plates and they have been there for about 20+ hours now. They seem to have become a bit darker in color perhaps but have yet to pop. I read that when using auto flowering seeds that you should just plant them in their final pots and cover it with plastic wrap and then hit it with your light until they pop. I also was wondering if I could boil my tap water to remove the chlorine content. I want to germinate the last 3 seeds I have using their final pots.

2. 20 hours and they haven't germinated? Chuck them out mate.... lol, only joking, relax, they can take several days. What is the temperature of them? I like to germinate at 25℃. The lower the temperature, the longer they will take

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yes you can boil to remove chlorine just make sure you cool her down :p

Sometimes take 48+ hours to germ. Straight into the pot 1 of my white cheese took 6 days to pop up.

LITFA; )

4. #4 Robbie714, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    Autos are very small seeds compared to photos. so just be patient they will pop listen to GG. I use the paper towel method but I put it in a Ziploc bag in a dark place. I just germinated my last 2 autos both popped. and then put it in a pot. and the other in a solo cup. You need a start to finish pot 5 gallon is your best bet. .[​IMG] my seed that popped last night. just be patient.
    Good Luck

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. So when I let it sit, do I need to have a large opening at the top of whatever I am storing the water in or is the opening to a 1 gallon jug of water fine.

6. I never bother with the paper towel method, because you run the risk of damaging the delicate root that pops out. I do the basic agriculture method "Plant it, water it, it grows". Right in the soil, takes 3 days to pop and already has a macro root system started. You can't do that in a paper towel. Good Luck with your grow.

• Like Like x 2
  7. 48 hours doesn't rid of chlorine

Leave a gallon of water out for 48 hours and smell... still has chlorine in it

8. I'm just gonna get a big pot and boil all my water

9. Your best bet is to invest in r/o or distiller

10. Look I'm going to make a small video this is just my opinion and how I do it! If it's right i've had 100% success rate this way! Just make sure it's not too cool like I said I'm just starting off but I've germinated seeds in the past and have always did pretty good with this method there's better methods out there! this is just what I use to each their own
    Good Luck

• Like Like x 2
  11. This is how I germinate seeds GoldGrowers Gaff it the same as how Robbie ^^ does it but I go in to a little more detail.

I use water straight from the tap because the chlorine helps keep bacteria from growing and rotting the seeds. Chlorine won't hurt the seed whatsoever

• Like Like x 2
  12. That was tap water. You have an awesome grow GG

• Like Like x 1
  13. Now there's a clorine/seed tid-bit that I did not know. Much Kudos on your research.

• Like Like x 1