Seeds growing on my female

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by abzy_babzy, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Hey everyone, so this is my first plant and she's been growing for almost a year now because she was mindlessly planted in the wrong season. In the last couple months I've noticed small seedlings sprout and today I went to investigate, finding small seed pods. I didn't know that this was possible without a male present. Can anyone explain to me why she's doing this? Big thanks! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416136750.641910.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416136779.524703.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416136796.175009.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416136825.158034.jpg l

2. #2 Grow2dab., Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2014
    When females are stressed or think they are going to die without breeding (probably what yours has done) they can turn hermaphrodite and pollinate themselves. You can still smoke the bud and that it will just have seeds in it.

I'm growing 4 seed at the moment from a female that pollinated herself, her flowers were still pretty potent too.

3. Why did you not harvest that.

Time to let her Go man. That thing looks beat down.

4. Hey thanks a lot man! Finally I've got someone who knows what's going on! Haha. I thought this was some sort of freak phenomenon for a second ahaha.
    I'm happy she's got seeds. I'm planning on using them. The best things are free!

5. dude her trichomes haven't gone milky just yet. She's probably a month or two tops ready for harvest. She smells and looks great!

6. Lol. Far from looks great.

• Like Like x 1
    Yeah it tripped me out the first time too haha.

Most of her seeds are going pretty good too so far, they seem to have lost all the weird leaf mutations their mum had which is weird considering only her genes are in them but I'm not complaining.

8. #8 abzy_babzy, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2014
    Yeah this plant only seems to grow 3 leaves instead of the usual 5.

9. That is because you didn't harvest it in time. When it goes from
    Veg to flower to veg it will shoot out 1-3 blades

10. Shes been doing it all her life though

11. Seeds should be feminized if it happened through rodelization, which clearly this did :p

12. I would cut it. Make hash with it and start over with the seeds from the plant.