Seeds going very slow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by brightgreen, Sep 9, 2010.

1. #1 brightgreen, Sep 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2010
    This is my 3rd grow now so I figured I knew enough to try seeds from online rather than just bag seed from crappy mids

I never had any trouble with seeds until my ak-48 seeds from nirvana. They were in paper towel for about 24 hours when all the seeds cracked open, and my dad planted them into peat moss pellets too soon by mistake. Since then they have showed almost no progress and its been a week today, where as my bag seed grows were ready for soil within 2-3 days. a few seeds have about a 1/4-1/2 inch tap root coming out but none have progressed passed that at all.

The seeds have been in 75-85 f temps the entire time, and clean bottled water is the only water i've used so far. My dad is convinced that I ruined them in the paper towel by making them too wet, but i wet them the same amount as the bag seeds that have been working for me.

Anyone have any ideas? Should i takes the seeds with hardly any tap root (and the ones just cracked open with no root) and put them back into paper towel? Did nirvana send me 10 bad seeds? Did I actually ruin them by making the paper towel too wet for no more then 30 hours?

edit: read my log book wrong, its been 9 days since the ak-seeds were put into water

2. #2 yoctown, Sep 9, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
    honestly the ak-48 seeds i received weren't very good. I had lots not sprout. Had to order more the first seeds were so bad and by then it was already a couple weeks late. Good thing i have like 90% clones. good luck is all i can say and just wait it out water but dont overwater

Edit: I had 4/15 ak-48 sprout.. 3/4 were male and grew extremely sativa unlike described. Though it is 10ft tall filling out nice now. Looks like it will be higher yielding then expecting and some dense bud.

3. i heard from my friend that they peat (plugs) stunt the growth.so take from that what you will lol!!!!

4. Anyone have any idea so I know if I need to order more seeds? Or how to save these ones?

I put them into a little greenhouse yesterday morning with an incandescent bulb right by them to heat them up even more. One of the ak-48 seeds' tap root grew about a half inch during that day but has stalled since, and all the other seeds are still stalled with just barely a tap root coming out of the seed. they have been stuck this way since day 2-3, and today is day 10.

any advice or input is greatly appreciated

5. Once the taproot pops I plant em. Whether it be 1/8 of an inch long or an inch long...I just throw em in the dirt

6. How long after that does it take them to grow above the surface? I've never had it take more then 2-3 days, but I've only ever grown bag seed twice before this.

7. I know this is random but are you from antioch?

8. I also just put them in the dirt.. I put the seeds in a shot glass 24 hours or until they sink.. If they haven't sank by 24 I just push the water around them and they will.. Once they have water I just put them in my homemade germination tray of dirt and I usually have a pop by 2 days and all are popped by 7 days. This has given me about a 90% accuracy.