Seeds Germinated, what now?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by EastBayFire510, Jul 18, 2011.

1. I have (2) KC Brains California Special seeds in between wet paper towels. Both of them popped and you can barely see the root. Should I wait longer or put them in the soil now?

I have 6 X 30Watt 6500k CFL, and 2 X 23Watt 6500k

For flower, 12 X 23Watt 2700k CFLs (I just realized I had 12 and not 10 lol)

How many 6500ks should I use for two new born seedlings? and when would be the best time to beef up the lighting?

2. i would use all 6 or 8 whatever for the whole veg period.. i use a 125watt 6500k and 4 26watt 6500ks for my single mother plant and also throw seedlings/clones under the same lights. and for flowering that sounds about good for 2 plants you might want to throw some 6500k's in there also. ive found that mixing them like say 12 2700k and 4 6500k works very well for 2 plants.

it all depends on how long you veg for though bigger the plants. the more light you need

3. Thanks for the advice, I really appriciate it!
    I'm going to go ahead and throw in all the 6500k bulbs until flower comes along. Any tips on how soon I can start LST?

4. lst can be started around the fifth node, so quite young, just dont break anything off and you should be fine

5. Thanks again for the reply. One of the seeds that germinated already broke soil (didn't expect it to be this quick). Will try and get a camera to show some pics of my setup.

6. Hey guys, I may have a problem. One of my seedlings is growing at a 45 degree angle. Will it end up going straight up soon or is this a real bad problem? First time grow.

7. Prop it up, or when u transplant it burry the stem alittle and compact dirt around it

8. Thanks for the advice, I realized some of the white root was sticking out, most likely the hole wasn't deep enough. Fixed now. Thanks again.

Will keep track of my grow with pictures and start up a grow journal in about a week or two.