Seeds dead?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by starcecil, Jan 22, 2010.

1. I have been keeping them on a moist/not dripping wet paper towel folded over 3 times. I then put that into a plastic bag I had laying around.

For the first 40 hours or so I had them in a dark closet but i think it may be too cold in there so I moved them to where they are sitting kinda inside my pc case but not really, and the entire side leaning so it can vent and not get to hot.

Its now been 72 hours and there is nothing going on with the seeds yet. They are a lot darker than they were when I started but other than that not really anything. Should I wait and let them go another day or should I just maybe plant them in a small peat pod and see if they sprout

2. some seeds just take a little more, try putting them on the back of your monitor. They may need a bit more moisture.

3. I put them in rockwool right from the start and i have never had a problem, most of them pop by the 2nd or 3rd day 90% of the time. I have never had this problem but i heard some times it can even take up to 5 days for some seeds to crack.

4. Next time germ in a cup of water for 36 hours, and after the first 12 you poke them to make them sink and if you have any floaters usually they are not viable.

Its the easiest method I know of and I love it, I tried it with some more seeds a friend gave me, and to be honest only one cracked and didnt even grow a tap root, and the other did nothing. I planted them regardless and the cracked one is now growing, its at like 3-4 days not bad, but the other one is taking alot longer, but also because i may hav threw it off balance when I uncovered it a bit, but then again it didnt even germ and I left them in the cup for like 50 hours.

5. the bigger wierd seed i have is slightly cracked now but no tap root, so its on its way?

BTW i forgot i did soak them in a shot glass of distilled water for like the first 12 hours and they sank

6. So its been 5 days and still nothing, should I assume they won't sprout?

7. I dont think they will but miracles do happen. Just make sure your seeds are healthy looking before you start the whole process.

8. i thought they wwere any pointers?

9. they are probably dead. where did you get them from?

some seeds have a harder shell and water can not penetrate. you can use the matchbox method. place an emery board or sandpaper in a match box and gently shake the seeds to scuff them up a bit.

10. I dug them out of this schwag i got way back last summer.

11. i tried to scuff one up with my gfs nail board thing and i accidently crushed it trying to hold onto it, white stuff came out lol:mad: