seeds/clones

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mustafar, Apr 20, 2017.

1. I'm fairly new to this forum, so I apologize if this has already been asked and if I'm posting this in the wrong area. I live in an area where Medicinal and Recreational Marijuana are legal, and its a flooded market as far as grow sites go. The strains all seem to be the same from the different dispensaries around town so there's not to much of a variety. So my question is, do growers prefer clones over seeds? I have 4 clones growing at the moment and I got to thinking, is there a market for starters? Basically buying seeds, starting them then selling the plants to growers/dispensaries in large quantities. Is this something that can be profitable? I hope that all makes sense, I have an idea in my head and I'm just trying to get some feedback. Thank you.

2. Clones can bring big money to. Especially in a fresh market like yours. Here in cali there is dispensaries that only sell clones.

You could do exactly that... Start from seeds and keep mothers and make clones.

Look into mothers and cloning. I just did my first set of clones and its very easy.

3. making your own clones from a mother plant that is female could be sellable. No one is gonna wanna buy clones that are unsexed or seedlings that are unsexed. The reason people like clones is because the genetics have already been tested and they know it's gonna be female.

Not sure if you're aware of all clones generally being female, just wanted to mention it.

4. Thank you for the feedback! I would be buying feminized seeds and eventually clone off a mother. So let me ask this, if I'm buying seeds from a reputable company that are feminized, would this guarantee genetics? I apologize for all the questions, I'm one of those people where if I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it right the first time and I try to get as much information possible.

5. If your looking for mothers i would look into reg seeds vs fem seeds. Yes you have a 50/50 chance of male or female but all you gotta do is find one winning female and make that your mother..

Reg seeds always seem to be better all around vs fem seeds... Not saying thats a fact but its what i have noticed

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Agreed whole heartedly. I used to be on the "fem seeds bandwagon". Even autos too... But once I saw the strength and vigor of a strong regular female next to the femenized version there was no going back.

Regular seeds for life!

7. Fem seeds are great dont get me wrong, but theyre good for a small closet grower or hobbiest who doesnt have room or time to be looking for a female.

If youre trying to provide a service to people dont provide them with sub par products.

• Agree Agree x 1