Seeds came today!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Mr.NiceGuy, Jan 17, 2009.

1. #1 Mr.NiceGuy, Jan 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2009
    5 FEM Power Plant (Dutch Passion)
    5 G13 Power Skunk (FREE)
    1 FEM Pure gold (FREE)

Ordered from Attitude seeds on the 9th got them today.

Anyone grown these strains before, i'll be using a Bubble Bucket starting with cfls for veg and a 400watt hps for flower. I'm only starting out one plant at a time, do you think 400W is too much for one plant?

superthrive
    grow big
    tiger bloom
    ph/tds meter
    the works....

few more questions:

Any cheap and i mean cheap digital/remote ballasts out there anyone can help me out with, last thing i need

Also the seeds look alot smaller than my usual dank bagseed should i be worried?
    Thanks

2. I got seeds from dr chronic and they look light brown and small but they germinated within 24 hours and are 5/5 feminized blue berry

3. why only 1 at a time?400 watts you chould have at least 3 with great results.

4. Space is one issue, however i'm not sure cause i will be moving into a house and dont know how much space i'll have to work with. There is a attic and basement, but we are just renting so i dont want to tear the place apart.

Buckets is another issue, I have only one and would need a pump, air stones, and everything you need to grow a bucket, however i do have alot of parts left over that i didnt use i could build another.

who knows i might.

5. 9th of Dec or Jan? I ordered from seed boutique on dec 16th and have gotten nothing yet.

6. I know they were on vacation but theyre back now. I placed an order back on nov 17th and still havent got it. Usually after about 3 weeks it either got lost in the mail, customs got it, or its on its way back to seedboutique and you need to contact them about reshipping. Log into your account and see if the status on your order has changed, if not shoot them an email and ask whats up. There awesome over there and really helpful, be sure to give them your order number when writing them.
    Peace

G

7. I 2nd putting more plants in there, Im running bubble buckets w/ a 600 digi and im gonna have 3 going, could do 4 but i also have a space limitation. Id say at least run 2 plants in 2 buckets, youll definately get alot more buds. With a 400 on 1 plant your kinda wasting alot of light imho, Id say 100-200 watts per plant is what you want to shoot for, watts/sq ft are also important when you become more experienced with your room but you dont need to worry about that right now.

8. My buddy gave me one of his Dutch passion power plant (cause he only has room for 4 plants), it also came from the attitude. I also grew it in bubblers along with the Dame Blanche seeds (flying dutchmen). Good yield and a lovely smoke. Exactly 8 weeks on the button to flower.
    We have a load of those power skunk seed, Attitude has been giving them away free for ages, we've never got round to growing them, so can't tell you anything about them, sorry.

9. Also, why do you need a digital ballast? A standard ballast won't be all that much cheaper on the electric, and a 400w doesn't give out that much excessive heat. If you are looking for a cheap ballast, buy a secondhand one on Ebay, then when you get a extra few bucks buy a new one. And your secondhand ballast is always a nice thing to have incase the other ballast fails.

10. craig's list has some unreal deals.

11. #11 Mr.NiceGuy, Jan 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2009

January

Again i am really unfamilair with Ballast so any info on them would be great. By standard to you mean magnetic? I just thought there were magnetic and digital/remote ballast.

12. I ordered my Diesel Ryder seeds from the Doc. They came in very quickly, but same as you, mine also looked small and fairly light. I didn't get the greatest germination rate in the world and my batch had 3 different phenos with 4 types of plants.

Other than shipping time, I wasn't too impressed with the docs seeds, but then again the strain I was growing was about brand new.

13. Yes, a magnetic ballast.
    The 400w gives off a little heat, but you can keep it outside your growroom (remote, as the ballast and lamp are not all in one unit). Lately, they have dropped in price, and as i said, you can pick them up on Ebay for a fraction of the price of a new one.

14. all of those seeds, last time i checked are sativa dom and sativas have smaller seeds. So no.

15. Are Magnetic ballast easy to assemble, what all do i have to do to hook it up?

Does Magnetic ballast require wiring?

16. Put a lamp in the reflector, connect the reflector plug into the ballast, plug the ballast in the electric, and hey presto lol.

17. My seeds came today 10 Hindu Kush and 5 freebies
    MAZAR-I-SHARIF _no clue, anyone?
    Ordered on 12/16 from Gypsy Nirvana seed boutique

18. I take it they're some kind of afghan since the name ia a city there.