Seedlings

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mcclumpit, Jul 17, 2017.

1. I've recently germinated seedlings in the dark, they have risen out the soil but started to look a light yellow colour, also a bit "leggy" tall and skinny ! Immediately I put my light system on and as the day has progressed they have gained a greener\fresher look, I'm still not convinced with them looking tall (about 1-2 inches. Welcome and appreciate any advice, total novice but keen to get good. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. we need pics my friend.

GFP

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ok I'll post a pic

4. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. what's that medium?

6. They don't look too leggy, but should they become top heavy and begin to tip, you can easily manipulate a paperclip into a support for them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. It's Cana professional plus

8. have you fed it? (not supposed to at all with seedlings) and what is the ph runoff?

GFP

9. No I've given it nothing apart from regular water, I've not ran a PH check but my water supply is I'm assuming very clean.

10. Or you can add more medium to the container and bury that stem a bit.
    You've got plenty room in those pots for more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Thanks maybe I'm just worrying as it's the first time with little knowledge, I'll keep you's updated if willing to give knowledgeable advice when needed, would be massively appreciated.

12. The water I'm giving them is running out the bottom looking very clean, maybe I could be doing with better drainage ?

13. the ph is what's important...you do have something to read ph correct? and ec?

• Like Like x 1
  14. No man I'm afraid I don't ! However I will get one in the next couple of days, in the meantime I'm assuming I'll just be giving them a good light source and clean water ? I've been told the water in my area is as good as water gets.

15. Thanks man, I'll do that now.

16. Actually, that's not a really good idea. That could encourage stem rot, making the base of your plant decompose and be unable to not only support itself, but feed itself as well, ultimately and eventually killing your plant. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. truee prop it up if needed don't surround it soil as a prop...really it needs wind strength to get strong.

GFP

• Like Like x 1
  18. Absolutely. A sturdy stand and a light breeze will toughen your stalks up in no time. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. Ok I've took this information, not surrounded them in soil, hopefully they do well.

20. Ok I've took this information, not surrounded them in soil, hopefully they do well.

• Like Like x 2