Seedlings wilting/leaning/bending

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mr Sinsky, Dec 27, 2012.

1. have had these babies for 6 days now, the leaves look fine but they are bending/wiliting. Not sure why, help please!

125w cfl & 42w T5
    temps at 60-70
    humidity at 75%
    using light warrior seedling soil

Attached Files:

2. Lower your lights. they are stretching for the lights. The stretching is causing the stem to thin out.

3. Fluffykush is right they are stretched. It looks like you left enough space in the cups to add a little more soil to help prop them up. Just add some and water it in . they will recover.

4. they are stretched because your lamp is too far away, aim for about 3 inches at this point, then even closer when they get bigger. that isn't your main issue though, they are yellowing and this is from your nutrient level is too strong, you need to rinse the soil out. they also look suffocated, you need to allow the soil to dry out a little between waterings. when they are a couple of weeks old you want to let the soil dry right out between watering to maximize oxygen uptake. they are very stunted at 6 days old. I have seedlings right now that are 3 days old and they are quite a bit bigger than those. do you have a fan on them? computer fans work really well for this. have a look at the link in my signature, I have a very similar set up