seedlings..too long??

Discussion in 'Absolute Beginners' started by hwaiii50, Jul 21, 2003.

1. I have some seeds that I put in wet paper towels like I usually do and cover the container to keep the moisture in...but this time the seeds opened up in two days!! I gave it one more day and they were an inch to an inch and a half long!!! I can't believe it...what do I do?? Are they too long? The tail is curly and long...Help!! Thanks Patti

2. Never fear, Pothead Pete is here!!!!! That's an easy one. I hope you have a very gentle and steady hand. I know I do !!!Carefully put your growing medium into a pot. Judge the length of your sproutling and use a pencil to make a hole in your pot of dirt.Carefully put the sproutling in the hole and very gently add new soil. Pack it extra loose around your little sproutlings,being careful not to bend them .Bending in sproutlings is FATAL. Once your dirt has been packed around your plants just keep the top layer of soil moist by misting once or twice daily. I begin to water regularly after about a week.PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. same thing happen to me i had a couple that were incanly fast sprouting.one trick i did was in stead of putting them inbetween to wet papper towls i put them on top of a mound of semi wet papper towls that was like an inch high and like half an inch below it (i did this in an empty soda bottle) was standing water. The seeds that i tryed this to went stright for it and there was little tiny leafs visible in only 4 days. Good Stuff

Grasscity Deals Near You