Seedlings suddenly dying! What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by time and cheese, May 31, 2009.

1. I grow outdoors. I germinated with paper towel method, and was successful. I planted some in Miracle Gro and others in compost( I have used this compost before and it is really good). I placed them in partial light until I saw the first leaves. I have not added any ferts. Then I placed them in direct sunlight (about 4 days after germinating) for a few hours a day. Plants were looking good in sunlight. They were growing nice, green, and healthy. Then next day, I see the leaves (still green) have reduced its size by half and fell off the main stem. Some of the leaves almost disintegrate. The only thing is left is the stem with roots.And then they later die.This has happened to me several times in different occasions . One of my seedlings was one week and a half old. The thing I find most perplexing is that the previous day there is no sign of anything going wrong. Then the next day the leaves just seemingly disappear and the plant dies.:(:confused: No pics because the leaves are barely visible and and some just disintegrate into the soil. Please help! What could be the problem? I already lost several plants.:(:(:(

2. Have you used this compost with young seedlings before? Coulda been too much nitrogen(compost is high in nitrogen) and burned em badly.

3. Thanls for your response. But I also use Miracle Gro and the same thing happened to them.

4. Sounds to me like you burned em. MG will do that to young plants and maybe your compost was just a bit on the strong side.