Seedlings Slow and Bending

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DabKing710, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Hi guys i planted my seeds and when they sprouted 3 out of the 6 were bent towards the light. My 300w LED is about 12 inches away from them. Is that to close? Plus there growing kinda slow they've been sprouted for about 4 days and they barley have any growth. I think i may have watered them to much and i tested my soil pH and it was 7 to 7.5. I Changed my water down to 6.0 to adjust the pH. Any advice?

2. Any plant will bend towards light. Turn the plant or move the light a little each day,or use it to your advantage in LST.

Sent from my fucking phone.

did you think a plant bends away from light? :huh:  or was it the other three not standing up ... which could be lack of light

led...put that about 3 inches from the top of the plants (unless its an area coverage thing in which case you need more lights)...no heat issue with led, you can stick some inside the canopy even... :p
    did you flush the media for proper ph or just add water?

<advice..go into full detail of your grow so those gc pros can give you the best growing advice.>

4. Thanks for the input. I think the soil was a high pH and i should have adjusted it before it planted. Ill turn the plant around and see if it bends the other way.

5. Can you post some pictures? It sounds like the lights are too far away or not positioned right over the seedlings. I use a T5 florescent 4 bulb fixture and I keep the lights about 2" directly above the plants. Here's a pic.... IMG_2026.JPG

6. #6 HighOnTheHill, Feb 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2014
    4 days from sprout....

They're still growing roots, not vegging yet.  The seedling stage lasts a little while, then they'll start growing.

7. #7 Doc-J, Feb 22, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
    Seedlings usually bend either towards light, or if bad enough away from heat. What may look to you to be an even spread of light can have more intense spots. Seedlings, particularly when they only have one or two leaf sets, can and will bend towards more intense spots in lighting.

Any pics? They do grow slow the first couple of days but you should at least be seeing the second leaf set by about four to five days imo.