Seedlings seem weak, please help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Laceylee420, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Hey guys, my seedlings are 8 days old today and they just seem so weak. They seem to be growing slowly and some are alot smaller than others.

The hottest the tent gets is 77 degrees f.
    Rh between 30-50.
    FFOF soil.

I have a fan in the tent that blows air for stem strength and its on its lowest setting and is as far as it can be from the tent. But the wind blows them right over.

I know they are stretched, I lowered the light and am going to rebury stems to help.

WhAt else could be the problem? Any input is appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. I don't see any issues with your girls thus far, only I've heard some say that FFOF is to hot for seedlings. Give them time and no nutes for now.

3. They are growing roots right now. Seedlings stall for a couple weeks after sprout. Once you see them getting a second and third set of leaves, the game will be on. Be pacient.

4. Ive given them no nutes, i woke up today one was upside down and shriveled up and thats one who seemed fine yesterday. No they are not underwatered. Heres some better pictures to show you.

Some seem big and fine. Others are small and making no progress. I'm down two plants and I see the third (the weird little bent over runt) not making it past today. I dont know what to do now.

Attached Files:

5. Also in the soil, there wasnt roots.

It was one single stringy taproot. No progress at all. Please help before they all die

6. Keep your temp low 70's consistently and back your light off a bit, make sure your thermometer is where your plans are that's where you want to take your temp readings from. Like you said bury the stem a bit more. Keep your humidity up as well. Don't freak out they will bounce back.

7. I repotted the remaining 6 of ten to help the stretching. Here are some pictures of them.

You can tell I have 2 that are a lot noticeably smaller and slower in progression than the rest, but they were all germed and planted together.

Any possibilites of why this may be i'm really stumped here.. The others that died were also small and runty like these two, I see them stunting as well. We'll see. Any input would help thanks a lot.

Attached Files:

8. Get you're humidity up to 50-60% . what is your light cycle? 18 on 6 off is what I would recommend, I know some people leave then on 24 but IMO they need a dark period...

9. Yeah I have them under 1 t5, 24/0 mainly
    Because the light isnt enough for them i'm just waiting for a connector piece for the hood and ballast before i can kick on the MH.

10. Switch it to 18/6 they will do much better.