seedlings ready? and what to do?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Blzn420, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Hey guys i just looked and i'd like to know if it was time to put my seeds in soil.
    [​IMG]

and this will be my potting soil

[​IMG]

and would these little pods work or do i need to get solo cups

[​IMG]

i have a light source to keep them until ready to transplant outside just need a little help getting to that point.. thanks guys

i used my camera phone so quality of pics arnt great but the help is apreciated!!!

im excited to begin my grow:hello::hello::smoke:

2. Your pots are fine just transplant when the plant is ready. As for lighting you don't need to light it until leaves sprout out.

Give your seeds a little more time germinating. Make sure its moist and in an area around 72-80 degrees F.

3. I disagree -- all the ones with a taproot showing should be planted now.

4. Thanks guys i decided to put my seeds in come mcalisters cups i had here is what i did
    [​IMG]

i put them in my closet where no light will hit it. How often do i need to check them? thanks!

5. You don't have to worry about light, in fact I would recommend you have do light on them. Even though the light doesn't penetrate the soil, by having the light on you accomplish 2 things: first, you are adding a bit of warmth (but don't make it too warm), and second, the sprouts will be getting light the instant they break the soil rather than waiting for when you check them next. Not too close with the lights, the sprouts will be tender so several inches away for CFLs and a couple of feet at least for HID.

I would check them 2-3 times a day if you can, you will want that plastic wrap off as soon as they pop.