Seedlings.... Please help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Yblaster2k, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Hello!

I germinated 2 seeds last week.  The first one popped through the soil about 3 days ago and the second one popped out a day after.

The difference is the first one never really "opened" up out of the seed and took twice as long to shed it's shell. It just doesn't look right to me. 

I took pictures of both 

First one who doens't look healthy :

[​IMG]

Second one that popped through later... Looks great'

[​IMG]

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

2. ya just a straggler you get them it will open up

3. Okay, the yellow/brownish tint scared me because I thought it had heat or light stress but it's in the same location as the healthy lookig one

4. Well, you could leave it and see if the shell decides to eventually fall off by itself, which does happen, but you risk the seedling dying.
    I'd personally try to take it off myself very carefully and with a pair of tweezers, maybe mist it a little before.

5. The shell did fall off but it's all brown and yellow at the top... let me see if I can get a better picture.

6. ya it happens those little leafs fall off in a 3-4 weeks anyways just sprouted a couple and one did that

Snapshot_20131213.JPG

7. ya i know what you mean

8. yeah I can't get a better picture... Iphone 4 sucks lol.

It scares me because you know how the two leaves are supposed to open up, they are still joined together making an upside down V... Idk if that makes sense to you... Im just nervous the seedling is damaged

9. Idk why but I can't see the pics on my computer. Try giving it a little time if the shell's off, it's normal cause it's such a youngin. I wouldn't worry too much about it for now. Keep us posted dude and good luck.

Thanks pal, i appreciate the help. Will check in on Sunday

• Like Like x 1
  11. ya it happens man i know i hate it to want them all to be perfect but as long as ive been growing i know to expect it :) she will open up and flourish give her time :) happy growing keep us posted