Seedlings Outdoor Heat, bring inside?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by jimmib67, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Hi, New to forum and cannabis cultivation. For my first grow I am trying a couple autoflower varieties. Dutch Passion AutoNight Queen, Canuk Seeds NL Auto & Canuk Seeds NL + Big Bud Auto. Using 45% coir and 45% compost 10% vermiculite for soil in 5 gal fabric pots w/ chopped straw mulch. Trying to go organic so as to not complicate things. I want to grow them outside and got 3 to germinate so far. 1 of each, all in full sun. Looks like I germinated right in the middle of a heat wave (95F+ going to be like this for at least 5 days). Once germinated I removed about 1/2 cups worth of soil from the middle of the pot and added my coir potting mix seed starting mix in the hole and added the seed, Thinking I didn't want the seedling to start getting nuts from the compost too soon. Am i overthinking that?. They all broke ground about 4 days ago. the NL+BB seemed to do ok but the ANQ and NL seedlings do not look good. 3 days ago the ANQ had the tiny leaves pointing straight up so i moved her to the shade. Yesterday the ANQ and NL looked better but still miserable and the NL+BB was curling a little in the evening (looked better this am). All look like heat stressed. I have a seed starting room in my basement. 70-72 F & 60% humidity 2 45W LED Kingbo grow lights. Should I move my heat stressed baby's to the basement? Will 90w LEDS be enough to get them through the next week or two?

2. Do you have any pictures?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

3. I’ve got several young tomato plants outside in the heat like you describe and I’ve just been shading them in the extremes.