Seedlings: One leaf curling up, opposite leaf curling down!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by greenops, Sep 14, 2011.

1. I need your help guys. My Amnesia Lemons been vegging for 9 days now under a 250w HPS.

After I transplanted them from jiffy pucks to the new containers, I watered them with 1/4 strength of Canna Rhizatonic, which is suppose to reduce the stress the plants get from transplanting, pH 6.7.
    The soil I'm using is Plagron Grow Mix, which contains fertilizers and nutes good for the first 3 weeks or so.

My temps are 78 - 87 and RH 40% - 60%....

And so this morning I noticed something weird on one of the Amnesia Lemon seedlings...

It has developed it's second set of true leaves, and one leaf is curling up and the opposite is curling down.
    Tonight, I noticed another seedling with the same symptoms.

And I noticed that the middle of the leaves are light green.

THANKS GC!

Attached Files:

2. Ok well first you should be keeping ur temps below 84-85 degrees and second the most optimum pH to grow in is 6.2 or 6.3. Lastly if your soil already has nutrients in it to begin wit you should not even b feeding them until about 2 weeks in just straight water every 2 or 3 days.

3. What Db said... Those look pretty normal to me. I have had them that young grow every whoich way and still come out fine. I have even had them mutate and do odd colors and work out fine. Just don't panic and do something harmfull to them.

ODP

4. Its happening again need help!

After the first incident the plants recovered.

So couple days ago I transplanted them into their final 2 gallon pots, using the same soil.
    I then watered with 70% dose of Canna Rhizatonic, which is basically vitamins and hormones. Its suppose to prevent shock after transplant. And thinking my plants were at day 18 at the time, they would be able to take it. pH 6.5

Now theres a lot more curling going on. Most tips of the new growth are curling down, some even up or sideways. Some leaves look like claws.

Is the soil too hot, or is the rhizotonic bad for them? I used it in my first grow and the plants always responded good.

Will they recover from this or should i flush them?

Attached Files:

5. damn looks like a bug ate half of one of your leaves haha was it a bug?

hm is it overwatering? id let them recover but that just me, unless that 70% whatever u got hurt them 70% does seem like alot but idk i just put whatever box says to put in a gallon ya know?

you can defnitly tell bugs got to them, are you using something like neem right now or what? and how long were you not using neem for

6. yea i think its a fungus gnat. caught one in a bowl of water.. i got some sticky yellow strips too.

I dont think i'm overwatering, i water about every 4 -5 days, thats when the top of the soil dries up and pot feels light. i just added rhizotonic in two those two times. Never had a problem using it before.

7. damn didnt know fungus gnats did that kind of damage man.. from what i heard they dont eat leaves but that person that said that couldhave been wrong

8. yea thats what i thought too but one guy who had a gnat problem recognized the holes.

But anyway, how bout them claw leaves?