Seedlings not sprouting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ViiRuS, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Hello I germinated my seeds (DNA Genetics) until the tap root was showing using the paper towel method.

It's been 3 days and they still have not sprouted. I put them under my CFL 24/7. Temps are good and I have sprouted seeds in this setup before.

I was worried so I dug a little bit and the seed is still there gave it a very careful pull and it has roots and everything, I didn't pull it out I just put it back very carefully and covered with soil.

This was my last seed and I'm worried it's not going to sprout?

2. Just leave it do its thing. I always germ strait into soil. Even touching that tap root with your bare fingers can kill it. So strait to soil, and you won't have to mess with them. Some take longer than others, and some just never grow. No guarantees here. Hope she pops for you though.

3. At what point should I just be like.. okay, it's not gonna sprout?

4. After 2 weeks I think you can say she just isn't gonna grow. I just recently germed a handful of seeds, and 1 took like 8-9 days to sprout. Def the longest I have ever seen. Mine usually always pop after 48 hrs. in soil. I usually put the seed into a dixie cup of water for 12-24 hrs. Then pour it strait into soil. And usually 2 days later there willbe a sprout. Lots of time within 1 day.

5. Thank you, you don't think it will matter that I slightly adjusted the seed do you? I pulled it a little bit to see if it had roots, and it does, I did not touch the roots just the shell of the seed.

6. Tough to say. But rule of thumb, mess with them as little as possible. There are a lot of growers, that because they don't have patients, will harm their plants more than they do them any good. Sometimes you gotta just leave them alone. Growing will def teach you how to be patient.

7. Makes me wish I wasn't unemployed.

8. Yeah man it is really tough not to mess with them when you have absolutely nothing to do.

9. I checked it again and I was wrong it doesn't have roots it just still has the same length tap root as when I put it in, I'm very nervous that the seed is dead, I replanted it and gave it a little bit of water, it's been like 3 days and the tap root hasn't grown is it dead?

10. leave it be for 5 more days from when you replanted the most recently. If there is no response... I'm sorry. Take this as a lesson even if it does sprout. Be patient and let the plant take it's course. Imagine if you were inside your mothers womb and someone took a scalpel and slightly cut the stomach open to see if you were making progress. I'm sure that wouldn't be in your best interest. The same applies in this situation.