Seedlings looking limp and pale

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BigD1128, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Hi everyone. I wanted to thank you all for the knowledge that is shared on this site. I have a question about what I am hoping is a Ph issue. The seedlings are almost 2 weeks old, growing in a DWC. I woke this morning to see they look limp and pale but the roots look healthy and bright white. The Ph rose to 7.1 since my last water change out. I dropped it back down to 5.5. If this was only a Ph issue how long can I expect for them to bounce back?

2. Can you post some pictures please? Theres not a lot we can tell with just text

Sent from my SM-G925P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Also is the water just regular phed water or did u add anything to it like nutrients or peroxide..or?

4. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Last week The round "seed leaves" started to yellow so I added less than 1/4 suggested doesage of nutes. After some research I corrected my mistake and did a water change out. The nutes were In solution less than 24 hours. Right now there is only ph water @ 5.5 no nutes.

5. I like dwc water at around 6.0 but 5.5 is ok but why do you have rocks in there? If those are actual rocks they will squish the stems of those poor little babies. Get some perlite or coco coir or any other soilles medium in there rocks are a no no except for hydroton clay balls those are good

• Like Like x 1
  6. My ph has been going up since day 1. If I get it down to 5.5 it will take a few days until it is at the upper end of the range. Those are hydro stones I bought at a local shop. They are very light and almost remind me of dry coral. I was strapped for cash at the time and they were the only medium available in a small package

7. They look like they might be pinching the stems what you can do is take a plastic straw cut it to fit around the stem cut it down the middle and put it around the stems to make sure. Other than that these babies seem ok. Do they flop over without the support of the stones?

8. I'm not the best photographer. If I showed the side view better you would be able to see all of the leaves are limped over with the tips of leaves hanging low.

9. The main stem is actually short and sturdy. It is the leaves I am most concerned over.

10. Do you have an air stone going in the container? Is there space between the plant and the water so the roots have some air?

11. Yes I have a 6" air stone in a 3 gallon container. I made sure there is 1/4-1/2 between the basket and water.

12. That's what I was hoping. I'm still a noob so I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious. Thanks for your help!

13. No problem good luck man

14. Thanks. I'm not sure if hydro is the right fit for me. The Ph issues have been a major pain since I started. If these girls don't work out I think I will be going the soil route

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hydro is pretty tricky. There are middle grounds. Like perlite vermiculite coco coir hydroton

16. I just got home and they look even worse than yesterday.

Attached Files:

17. Is it possible they are ready for some nutes? The ph was 6.4-6.5 when I just checked