Seedlings look weak!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hp2skater, May 10, 2012.

1. Hey erryone just started my second outdoor grow, the majority of my seedlings look strong and stern with no bend in the stem. On the other hand I have 2 seedlings in the same container that are both slouching, and the stems look purplish in color. I did have them on a heating mat but it wasn't up very high, still enough to heat the bottom of the containers a considerable amount tho.

Does anyone know why they could be falling over/so weak? Too much water? Not enough light? Too much heat maybe?

Any responses would be appreciated and please only reply to this specific issue

Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

2. Maybe they are falling over partially uprooting themselves trying to stretch towards a light source. I would gently put some soil at the bases and smooch it down a little until you get them all standing straigh up, then keep your light source directly above them. Are u using cfl or flouro or what? I also find if I water seedlings directly at their base I end up dislodging it's root system and it sometimes falls right over lol. Probably not a great practice.

3. I am growing these outdoors but for a couple days I had them inside germinating/sprouting. Do you think they could be weak because they initially had no sun at all?