Seedlings Leaf Curling (Pics)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Chaser879, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Hi all,

First time grower. Plants are about 1 week old and the leafs are curling down. I'm not sure whether it's nornal or not, or what the possible causes could be. Any advice or help is very much appreciated.

I have a 2000w LED light about 6 inches from the plants. Perhaps it's too close? The light produces very minimal heat so I don't think that's the issue. I have them in rockwool cubes. I initially put the seeds in 1.5 inch and have recently placed them in 4 inch cubes as the roots started coming out of the bottom. Initially I fed them with just straight water with a PH of 5.8. I recently began giving them nutes 1/4 strength of what was recommended. Using Micro nutes. The leafs were curling pretty much from the getgo. So I don't think the newly added nutes are the issue. Temps are 70 with humidity of 40-50. As I've said any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

20190719_235258.jpg 20190719_235255.jpg 20190719_235252.jpg 20190719_235241.jpg 20190719_235236.jpg 20190719_235220.jpg

2. Looks over watered. And to early for nutes. Wait until 2-3 sets of leaves to feed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Thanks for the reply. How about the purple stem. Is that normal? Or also caused by over-watering? Should I wait until the cubes are dry to water? Thanks for the help.

4. Purple stem could be ph related, environmental related or genetics. Hard to say early on. Give it a week or 2 and see what happens. And as far as rock wool goes. Never started a seed in it let alone grown in it. Can’t tell you how often to water that particular medium bud, sorry. But I’m sure another member will pop in eventually and give you advice in that department. Good people and good advice around here. Your post is fairly new, be patient and help will be here soon lol.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. i am not to sure about LED lights but you say 2000w leds 6inchs from you seedlings i think that maybe a bit to low LEDs do get hot so i would higher the lights a bit more till plants get bigger ,,mac,,

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. I kept it so close because it seemed like they were too lanky at first. I did move the light a few inches higher. The light has 6 fans built into it which dissipates the heat quite well. I have a temp monitor right next to the plants and the temps stay pretty steady at 70°-75°. You guys are awesome!! Thanks for the help!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1