Seedlings indoors?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Spiderman99, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Hey guys. I have a super skunk seed germinating rn and was wondering when its done im going to start growing it in a red solo cup. What im debating is if for a few weeks, keep the cup outside in direct sunlight during the day then move it onside at night because of the cold nights in april. The other option is using the cfl lights for the seedling stage then move them to my grow spot outside... i i should use lights, how many lumens and what color light is good for the seedling stage?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. What is your average daytime temps?
    I would want something bigger than a solo outside it may blow away. Also make sure the area you choose gets full sun. I would start it inside then move it out when the weather is more favorable, remember that when you do move it outside you have to do it slowly over a couple days to harden it to outdoor conditions, keeping a fan blowing(slightly)just enough that the top moves will help with the transition to outside

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Average day time temp rn about is 50

4. Sent from my SM-G920P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Would putting them inside on a window sill have enough sun for the first week of seedling stage or no?

6. plants, any plants, not just pot can't withstand the difference in humdity between indoors and out. It is exremely stressful. You can get away with it on a cold night. But once outside always outside.
    Pot requires very lttle light in the first few weeks, but after that, you really can't have enough. And no grower no matter how sophisticated or how much money he spends can even come anywhere near to natural sunlight. We moved inside for stealth primariliy, and that led to benefits in better control of the environment and freedom from pests and thieves.

7. Okay thanks so that eliminates bringing them in and out. Will a window silll have enough sunlight for the seedlings?

8. And if the window sill wont work. Whats the cheapest walmart/home depot bought cfls i can get?