Seedlings In Base Mix

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by bakin420, Jul 26, 2014.

1. #1 bakin420, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2014
    I have a seedling that just sprouted and thought I had some base mix but ended up not having any lol... Is it fine if I just mix up my base mix of peat/fish compost/ EWC/ Volcanic pumice/ along with oyster shell powder and rock dust?? And toss the seedling in right after mixing? Normally I let it sit before I use it but am in need of some base mix ASAP. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Bakin'

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. That should be OK - but might be worth getting another opinion. I don't see that soil burning the plants - the seedling should be able to thrive off its own nutrients for awhile anyway. You have time to mix up a good organic soil and transplant.

135w UFO LED Micro Grow:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1308910-135W-Led--Organic-1St-Grow

3. I agree. Longer would be better, but you've got at least a couple weeks in your seed starting cups, hopefully. If possible, use compost tea to moisten your soil mix. Kick start the microbial action.

Sent from somewhere over there.
    No, not there...over THERE.

4. I have some super soil already cooked, and ready to go I just have no base mix for the seedling :(

5. Use your cycled soil or make a new mix of something like 1 part [vermi]compost - 9 parts sp. peat - 1 part aeration (I use hulls exclusively for this one), you could even put in a small amount of kelp, something like 1/4 cup per c.f.

Do you have any used mix that hasn't been re-amended yet? That stuff is about perfect for seedlings and freshly rooted clones.

Wet

7. I was looking for some used soil and I have none :(