Seedlings; how tall is too tall? And more,please...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PageSage, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Everything looks good, if not consistent. I read other threads that suggest growing too many strains at once is wildly confusing...can 't be helped now. But some strains are 2 to 2.5 " tall (emerged from soil 11/23). One looks as tho it's damping off at the base! Also, when can they come out of their mini "hothouse"? I should mention that they are on a very low heating pad, the ambient temp stays between 68f and 81.....are moist but not drenched...and are about 29" from a 400w MH lamp (there are only 12 seedlings; 8 varieties from Attitude, who were awesome, btw).
    I do a lot of reading and Googling, and have checked a lot of the threads here, too, but find a lot of conflicting advice. How 'bout some more, please?:eek:

2. I'm having trouble finding your actual questions, other than if the plants can come out of their "little hothouses". The answer to that is yes, depending on what you mean by "little hothouses." What else are you asking? How tall is too tall? Depends again on what we're talking about. Post some pics, your plants could be stretching for light.

3. Reading back, I see what you mean. Sorry.
    In the time since I wrote that, I topped off a half-inch higher with damp soil (FFOF) around the spindly looking gals. I am afraid to get any closer to the light (400wMH) bc they're only about a week old. Mainly I am growing Holland's Hope and Master Kush, and they're growing tons faster than the freebees that Attitude threw in ( 6 separate varieties)
    I guess I'd like to know when the time to get the babies out from under the clear plastic - and into the air/oscillating fan, etc. Don't want to rush it but will keeping them under the clear "dome" where it's moist and protected and hot- start to eventually begin to hurt 'em?

4. pic. got to get them pics!!!!!