seedlings have been thru hell, one has died

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by euphorianx3, Jul 5, 2010.

1. I'm a newb grower I'll say that right now, this is my very first grow and I would have had 5 plants growing right now but I misplaced a seed, and one has died.

Well my cat decided to check out my grow closet while I was looking at it. He somehow managed to knock over 3 plants. They were replanted in wet soil. and, 1 day later the 4 plants look strong.

Now this morning it's day 6 and I woke up at about 8 am to peek at my plants, I guess I should have watered them cause at 12 pm, one dropped face down in the dirt. I assume it dead, also, it only had 1 root branch it seems, unless the rest just crumbled off the main one.

These are all really tiny and the seed shell is still sticking to one of em. They all have 4 leaves

I live in the desert and so perhaps it drys out too fast.

Heres a pic of my setup and some people IRL are telling me that the plants are too close to the light:

So if any one who knows what my mistakes are can help me out, I want the other 3 to live longer :(

pic here

2. somebody please reply :(

i lowered the seedlings more so there is at least 14 inches between them and the light, the light is a 6400K 125W daylight bulb.

3. They are all fine.

1. Lower Lights.
    2. The pots you have will asorb water causing your plants to dry out faster. When your soil is dry to the end of your finger in depth. water again. I'm not going to judge pot size right now so I would say water with 1L of water every 3 days. They like to be dry a bit after a while of watering so the roots search.

4. Those pots do blow though. After 16 days (around) transplant those to bigger (3 to 5 Gal black plastic pots) with holes at the bottom for drainage.

Use some supeerthrive on them. Many don't believe it works and some do. I do use it myself. But it has been proven that plants don't need all the vitamins in it due not not asorbing them at all. But it will use the auxins for root stimulation and growth.

5. about how close should I have the lights. i dont think the pots could hold 300ml to 1liter, haha.

6. hiya m8, to start with in that second pic u posted things dont look bad,

for working out how high to have the light, place your hand flat on the tops of the plants(palm down) if the light is too hot for your hand its to hot for the plants, so move it up, if not move it down to a comfortible distance & you should be fine(hold ur hand there atleast 30 seconds)

for watering dont do it by the calendar or use set amounts, instead at this point(seedlings) you want to give them a good soaking when you water, then dont water again untill they've dryed out a good amount, but not bone dry!

once they take off abit you will then need to re-pot into larger pots, this is usually when they reach about 2 weeks old but it varies obviously

hope thats some help dude:smoke: