Seedlings got the boot!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by GrowinItFrench, May 8, 2012.

1. Hello there fellow cultivators, OGBuddha here, just looking for your opinion on the following photos, I have planted these seedlings outdoors and I am wondering if they are A: looking healthy, B: looking hidden, and C: will they survive an inch or two or rain at this stage? Thanks for any/all the answers in advance and I'm looking forward to discussing my plants conditions! :)
    If you cannot help, that is fine, have a nice and stoney evening ladies and gentlemen!

Edit: ah yes, hindsight, ... I failed to mention that the seedlings are in a forest setting area, and are beneath trees, sunlight is allowed but I have not experienced rain so I am hoping a fair percentage of it is blocked by the trees above!

Attached Files:

2. Yes, yes, and yes. They should survive a few inches of rain just fine. I had even smaller seedlings at the start of this season, and they made it through some heavy ass rain and scattered t-storms for two or three days in a row. I'm also growing in the same type of environment. Yeah they'll be fine man

3. I mean i had literally JUST planted them and they only had the first two leaves... What you call em... It starts with a C. Yeah haha anyways, no worries

4. [quote name='"Turkatron"']I mean i had literally JUST planted them and they only had the first two leaves... What you call em... It starts with a C. Yeah haha anyways, no worries[/quote]

Cotyledons? Aha, I think that's the word you're looking for but thank you for the reassurance, I planted them outside just yesterday and I came back and they had almost doubled in size (more leaf size than height, not to be mistaken) and I believe I'm gonna give them a watering tomorrow!

5. Yeah that's the word! haha. that's awesome though, although i'm still working on my first REAL grow (tried indoors but my mom ripped em out), i've still had a lot of seedlings and a couple plants about a foot tall, and they all took soo long to grow out of the seedling stage. like literally 3 weeks before the second set of leaves. shitty genetics maybe?

6. It could be the genetics, I had bagseed from my area and they were weak.. Died after the first treatment of nutes, ordered some Strawberry Cough from Sagamartha Seeds, strongest genetics I've seen to date, unfortunately it passed when I took my trip to Manzanillo, Cuba.
    It's really all matter of soil aeration, light exposure, genetics, and nutrients within your soil. I believe in all natural these days personally, I mean I'm all for the growers who choose to feed their plants chemicals, yes it does enhance yield, but I want to see what a plant can do with it's roots and the soil beneath them, that's it!

7. Damn that really sucks man. And yeah i'm fairly new to growing and all but i have spent countless hours reading on these forums and all over the net. i'm trying to keep it organic as well and i'm only using two different types of organic fertilizer. just keepin it simple cause i'm just starting out. you should go on my profile and check out the thread i posted earlier today, if you want, i just need some advice. +rep

8. I think I'll do just that, sir!

9. watch out for the snails OG. Seedlings without snail bait are usually dead seedlings. One snail can suck every drop of juice from your tiny babies in about 15 seconds and when you return, you wont even be able to find the skeleton.

It might be better where youre growing, but around here, no snail bait, no crop.

10. What exactly would you classify as snail bait? A mouth trap? Aha I'm just joking around but honestly how do I avoid this issue.

11. Snail and slug killer OGBuddha13. Its sold as pellets in about any garden supply store, wal mart, lowes and home improvement centers. Snails are a big problem for vegetable gardeners as well so any place that sells gardening stuff will have it.

I use ORTHO'S BUG - GETTA. Its cheap and works well. Google for distributors near you. Also, sand works well but you have to keep it fresh.. They cant cross sand as it sticks to their gooey little bodies.

12. Is this another one of those things that are only sold in wal-marts in the US?

13. No. All vegetable gardeners fight snails and any place that sells gardening supplies will sell snail killer

14. Will spraying bug spray in the general vicinity of my grow help keep bugs away?

15. dood, you don't need shit like that to kill slugs.. just crush up eggshels and put them all around your plant. it will get rid of slugs and also provide nitrogen

16. I cant physically handle eggshells, allergic to them!

17. Wow haha.. wasn't trying to screw you over man i swear!! In that case, just listen to the other guy. Anyways, i'm interested in your whole grow, because we are dealing with similar conditions and whatnot. I'll actually be postin some pics of my babies tomorrow, so check em out.. peace :)

18. Oh no problem man you didn't know, and maybe I'll be able to do this with the use of gloves, I was at my spot today and I did notice PLENTY of slugs in the vicinity after the rain we had!