Seedlings from peat pots.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lordj, Apr 27, 2009.

1. I've been soaking my Mango seeds in water and planting them in peat pots soaked with mild to hot water. I squeeze some of the water out of the peat pots and plant the seeds.:confused: I leave them in the closet in a plastic dome (the one that comes with the peat pots) with a heating pad on low underneath. They spring up in 2 days and I transplant them in a 3 gal. sanitized pot. My question is: Are the peat pots OK to start the seedlings?

2. #2 NCDROGRO, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2009
    yeah there fine to use. just make sure there nice & moist not water logged. I usually germ mine in paper towels then plant in peat pots cover the top with plastic wrap put them in the closet until they break soil then under lights. GL

3. Yeah, unlike some people would make you think on here, germination is not rocket science. If they have a good medium, water, and light, 99% of the time theyre gonna be fine.

4. yup exactly but you can tend to make it a bigger deal then it is & stress it especially when your buying high priced seeds lol.

5. I use them all the time and I've never had a problem. It makes the first transfer a snap too. I'm on my second grow and I have 20/20 germination with them.

6. yeah, i never "had" to start from seeds before, though i HAVE, but this time i got expensive ones, and instead of doing peat pellets, i used rockwool. stupid, beginner mistake, but half:( lived and the rest died. shouldve went with the peat, i just put ten bagseeds in for shits and giggles and got 5 growing roots from bottom in 5 days. and my rockwools are all stunted with only one set of true leaves. SOB this master kush is worth it but UGHHHHHH im pist. now im on them every 4-6 hrs and everything is ok, but yeah, start in peat and just DONT TOUCH THEM till they dry out..and not DRY DRY, just Dry.. k? good. class dismissed

7. one questions with these peat pellets..
    When transferring them to bigger pots is it necessary to remove the mesh that is around them? Without even thinking to read the directions i up-potted 17 seedlings with the mesh still on.. i hope it's ok to leave it on cuz it'll be a bitch to dig em all back up and re-transplant them

8. Some people remove them, some don't. I left mine on. I'm in to 2 weeks so I guess time will tell. Anybody else out there have experience with the mesh?

9. I can't imagine they need to come off... the roots should be able to poke thru them.