Seedlings dying and I don't know why!?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Dannymasta, Jul 3, 2020.

1. I’ve recently started my first grow, I’m growing Cheese Autoflower from Canuk seeds and Pakistan Ryder from WOS.

Germination went well and the first few leaves came out looking green and healthy. But now the leaves are turning yellow on the cheese plant! The Cheese is about a week ahead of the PR but now I'm seeing the first signs of the same problem in the PR, which is leading me to think it's the soil!?

The soil is a mix I made with golfgreen compost & worm castings, perlite and a bunch of ammendments. I'm going to get a ph meter tonight so that I can properly check the water going in and the runoff. I can't tell if the problem is too much nutrients or not enough?

20200703_163315.jpg 20200703_163315.jpg 20200703_163320.jpg 20200703_163320.jpg 20200702_152701.jpg 20200702_152719.jpg

Attached Files:

2. How long did you let the soil cook for?

It's definitely too much. Too little nutes would make the entire leaves turn light green and then yellow in a uniform fashion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. #3 Rathian, Jul 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    Nute burn for sure, your soil is way too hot for your seedlings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  4. Not sure if you've fixed the problem yet but seeds have enough nutrients inside of them to pop and grow to its first set of leaves (that look like cannabis leaves).
    I use a basic, unammended soil to start until these leaves show. Then I use nutrients at 1/4 strength and slowly increase over a couple weeks.

Sent from my LML212VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. in the end, the only thing to do is wait it out and let the plant adapt...it will adjust within a couple weeks..

6. Soil is way to hot for baby's homie, use miracle grow seedling soil to start em off and when you transplant use the nutrient heavy soil

7. Could always start them out in seedling starter soil, then after 2-3 weeks from sprout toss them in real soil