Seedlings and rain~ Also begginer advice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Habbah24, Jun 12, 2016.

1. I have just started trying to grow a few plants in pots. I have them out on this porch things outside of my window, and it started pouring rain while I was taking a shower. I brought them inside and have them drying up. Will they still grow? Did they drown? If so can I build something to keep rain out but light in? Also any other advice for begginers would be greatly appreciated!!

2. I had the same question myself. I left my plants out that were probably only2 weeks old and they were fine, just make sure they have good drainage. They might also get a lil dirt on the underside but I just rinsed it off!
    Happy grows!

3. Haha mine are like a day two days old. But thank you!

4. Starting seeds can be tricky if you don't know how to deal with them. Each seeds needs planted in it's own individual container...and Solo cups work the best for that. They need to be planted into excellent grow soil and watered in with properly pH'd water and put under the lights and left alone. They'll need nothing but properly pH'd water until they get repotted. Once the plant is larger than the cup itself (wider/taller), this usually means your plant is slightly root bound, which is what you want before trying to repot. When you repot into a new container, be aware of how large the difference is between the one your plant is leaving and the one it's going to. You don't need to take a small plant having been growing in a Solo cup and put it into a 25 gallon container. The first thing a plant does when it goes into soil is start to create a root system. Depending on the amount of soil in the container, the time it takes to get rooted in and back to growing again can vary. Keep your pots relatively close in size as you pot your plants up. This takes less time for the plant to readjust after a repot and get back to growing foliage and drinking water. While they are rooting in, the foliage just pretty much sits there and waits on the job to be finished. Once it's roots are in place, you'll see new growth start to come out on your plant and it will use more water over time. Do the same thing again....only pH'd water, no watering till container is dry (recommend 1 gallon pots after cups) and don't think of repotting again until the plant is larger than the container it's in. We usually veg for around 10 weeks in all...as that's our normal length of flower cycle, and I can go from clone to plant that is a size I can flower in this length of time. Go to the new grower threads here and read, read, read.. Lots and lots of good basic info on how to grow these plants there. You can have the greatest setup in the world, but if you can't keep a plant alive, the setup does you no good. But go there and read the "sticky's" for basics. Good luck! TWW