Seedlings and MG.. Should I pre-flush?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by The Green Bastard, Dec 23, 2009.

1. I'm starting a veg chamber and using MG time release (3 month) to start. I am 2 weeks into a grow and had no problems with the soil so far, although I've heard countless stories of nute burn I lucked out.

due to the time release and the fact that they are seedlings... would it benefit me to flush the soil with about 3x the container volume of PH'd water prior to inserting the sprouts?

As I said earlier, I have used this soil successfully without flushing previously.

2. hmm.. no replies?

I guess ill just have to do a test group.

3. So you haven't planted the sprouts yet? Is it within your budget to buy a good organic non-nuted soil and just toss the MG? If not, well who can say? You say you've had good luck with it before so I guess go with what you know. OTOH, flushing couldn't hurt. GL in any case.

4. within my budget, yes. Locally available? not really at this time of year. :eek:

I might be able to get a hold of some MG organic mix but i don't think they have more than a handful of small bags available at the local shops. maybe enough to start some seedlings.

I'm perpetually growing and starting new seeds every 2-3 weeks so maybe next batch ill give it a go.

thanks for the input.