Seedling Yellowing/drooping

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by niken, May 24, 2013.

1. What type of medium; soil or hydro? soil
    What brand and type of soil? plain old dirt
    Indoors or outdoors? indoors
    What strain? pick of the bag
    How old are the plants? just under 3 week seedling
    What type of lights and how many watts? 3x lights 
    2x 4100k 13 W Cool White (No 6000k+ lights in stock)
    1x 16W bulb 
    How far from the lights? 1 is 1-2 inches away, other 2 are about 15 inches
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? about 1-3 times a week, depending on dryness however i just recently went all out and bought some things here n there like a pot, some nutes, duct tape, cfl bulb adaptors,etc and automatically though to give them nutes.. I have 2 plants, one is small and doing quite well where as this guy was a bit taller and seemed to be yellowing off and drooping.
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? 1 Tablespoon of AQUASOL to 3 litres of water flushed, given about 15ml to the pot, and just completely flushed the one that is doing fine, it seems to take it easily.
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? no ph tester kit at this point, a friend told me it could be due to the bacteria in the soil or the ph being off, but i think it may be shock of transplant or me giving it nutes too early.
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? temp is about 35 degreees, and unsure of the humidity but there aint water in the air i tell ya haha
    What size pots? 5" x 1"
    Any bugs? Look real close. Nope.
    Any other pertinent info? Other plant seems to be fine,

have just transplanted both from containers and have started a 18/6 cycle, my friend has told me to not look at them and change it to 16/8 and to see how it is at the end of the weekend, but I want some help just in case i can save it! :)

will upload pics as soon as i can! but i have some pics of how it was progressing here:
                     First Grow - 56K WARNING             

THANKS A LOAD!

2. Yea, I'm with your friend if you didn't sterilize your dirt.

3. Lots of issues here:

The main fuck up here is the soil, you don't use dirt ....just a waste of time, go buy 

a small bag of seed starter mix, its got the right viscosity and nute for seedlings

then get a bag of regular non fertilized potting mix or just a cheap sack if cash is tight

5 - 6..  4 inch pots, like what you got, but ensure they are colored black, roots don't like light

and an EVEN selection of colored(kelvin) CFL bulbs, say 2 at 6500k and 2 at 2700k

Fill the 4" pots with seedling starter mix, and transplant the existing plants to the black 4 inch pots water in, place under CFL's for 2-3 weeks once the plants are the size of the 4 inch pots ( rough estimate ) fill 3 gallon pots with potting mix and transplant to the 3 gal pots

water 2-3 times a week

4. #4 niken, May 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2013
    Here's a pic for you guys, looks like it is dead to me :(

Attached Files:

5. If you change soil now, she might recover.

6. She is still green!!!!............................ has got available food stored, is ready for imminent death!...............Great time to transplant

7. no cash to transplant :(

will have to let em both die unfortunatly bucket boy was turning blue for some reason, and the guy in the pot i just cant seem to revive. 

will have to buy some seedling mix and potting mix and start a new! which sucks because these seeds were sprouting some goodness

8. Don't get miracle grow. It's nothing but a headache and will cause nute burn. Do some research on the coco medium.